Chapter 2

After the story continued in Shadows of Starlight #2, I decided to publish the old stuff, and then start again with the new infos!

"Avar! Please, listen!" "I heard exactly, Elzar! I won't let all these Jedi die in vain! They gave their lives for us, Sskeer, Torban Buck, Regald Coll, Orla Jareni, the list goes on forever! Nib Assek, Orbatuk Glii, Nooranbakarakana, OrbaLin, Monshi, Lula Talisola, Farzala Tarabal... Maru. Stellan. I can't..." Avar's voice became brittle. "I can't have let them die for no reason," she whispered, close to tears, whether out of anger or sorrow Elzar couldn't tell. Instead of throwing a new argument on her, he took her in his arms, she let it happen.

"Shhh, I know. I know that," he whispered in Avar's ear. "It's going to be all right. I know what's going on in your head. It's loud in there and so quiet at the same time. I know you miss them all. That they are all missing from the song." Elzar took her head in his hands. He felt them touching her tears. "It's going to be all right, Avar. We'll find Ro, but you have to stay with me. Do it for me. For Stellan. I can't do it without you." "Then come with me," she murmured.

Elzar sighed loudly. "I'd like to, but you know that the Council has the information we need to find the eye. That's why we have to stay here until we have what we want, okay?" Avar took a deep breath, then said, "Yes. Sure, of course. Forgive me, Elzar. I did get carried away. It's just all so much." "I know. I know, Avar." With these words they embraced themselves again, this time long and silent. Keeve watched them from afar.