2. Big Little Lies(Part 2)

Previously...

"Ece...please..." he said, as the door cracked open.

Musti stared at him, his face angry, his eyes accusing, "Ece gitti"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been two weeks since Ece had disappeared from his life. He didn't try to find her, he knew he couldn't face her just yet. But he also knew with certainty that he was going to set some things right for her - it was the least he could do, he owed her that much. So he buried himself into fixing things the only way he knew how.

One week later, he rang the bell of an apartment in an old building tucked away in the outskirts of the city, praying that she would open the door for him.

Ece nursed her cup in her hands. The tea was almost cold but she was too lost in her thoughts to care. It had been three weeks since she had suffered that heartbreaking betrayal, and she was no closer to putting it behind her. She had a mission, a singular purpose, and the Onur Karasus of the world were not going to stop her, no matter what.

She had hired a lawyer and tried to work out getting custody of Eif. But by walking away from Onur and the team, she had lost the chance to erase her past. The Koral family's influence ran deep and wide, and they promised to fight her every step of the way, deeming her unfit to be a guardian to Elif, and filing charges against her for stealing from them and ruining their business' street credibility. These were not charges she could not fight while also hiding from the law.

She considered kidnapping Elif and leaving the country, but that was not the life she wanted for her sister - living like a fugitive, always on the run. A part of her wondered if maybe Elif was better off without her. She was a thief, an orphan, a wanted criminal...did she even deserve to have the girl in her life?

She shook her head vehemently, no, they both deserved better than the life fate had handed to them, and she would continue to fight for them to be together, just like she had done all her life.

A tear trickled down her cheek and she swiped it away angrily, there was no time to be sad. Maybe she would finally cave and ask Hazar to help her, be in his debt all over again, even though it was the very last thing she wanted.

She went to her closet and grabbed her handbag, her eyes falling on the backpack that was lying next to it. It was the one she had taken with her when training with Onur.

Yes, she had seen the tracking device inside it. But against her better judgement she had left it in there. She wanted to see if Onur would betray her yet again, so that she could hate him hard enough to stomp out the feeling she still had for him.

But he never sent anyone to get her, and worse still, didn't came for her himself either. She wasn't sure which hurt her more, that he'd lied to her or that he didn't care for her enough to fix it. She was a fool to think he had genuine feelings for her. She would never let anyone close enough to hurt her again.

The doorbell rang, and she drew a sharp breath. No one visited her here, only Musti, and she knew he was busy today. Her eyes fell to the backpack again, and then she walked slowly to the front door. She hesitated, her hand held in mid-air over the door knob. Did she really want to open the door again and let the past in?

"Ece, please, open the door. I have something important to tell you". She heard Onur's voice from the other side. Her pulse quickened and her heart beat a little faster. He could still do that to her...dammit.

She opened the door slowly and stepped aside to let him in. He took one step inside hesitantly, almost afraid she would swing at him with a golf club. But she stood unmoving, her eyes distant, her cheeks tear-stained.