-3 BOOKS & PHONE CALLS

Eui-joon is at a public library, picking and reading through all sorts of books.

From classic literature to astrophysics to history and then to novels.

He came across a novel that he randomly picked out. He then walked towards a nearby table and sat down, with the novel in hand.

He started to inspect the book. It had a pretty cover, and even the title was rather charming.

'Mystic Rose'

What a peculiar name.

Eui-joon went to the back of the book; and at the back was a synopsis of the of it; a short but interesting description about the plot and the characters.

Intrigued, He goes to open it and reads the first chapter. Soon, he finds himself so engrossed in the book, that he no longer is conscious of his surroundings.

While he was busy reading, a certain black haired was trying to reach out to him but was unable to, since the phone was on Do Not Disturb.

He got frustrated, scratching the back of his head with a cigarette. Why is he not picking up his calls? Isn't he supposed to be at home now?

He sighed and called again.

Eui-joon, who suddenly got sidetracked off his reading, saw his phone flashing a phone caller. 'Ahjussi <3' rang out and he immediately answered it.

'Hello, ahjussi?', He said.

On the other line, Geonwoo was relieved, 'Yeo Eui-joon, where are you? I tried contacting you but you were unreachable'

Eui-joon's face dropped.

Oh no, I forgot to tell ahjussi I was going out today

Trembling, he answered, 'Oh...I'm so sorry ahjussi, I forgot to tell you this, I figured you were busy so I didn't bother telling you. I'm at XXX public library right now, and I-I got so into this novel I was reading, I didn't notice your calls. Ahjussi? Please don't get mad at me please, I am so sorry-', He went on to ramble his apology when he got interrupted.

'Joon-ah'

'....Yes?'

Geonwoo took a drag of his cigarette and smiled a bit, even though Eui-joon can't see it. 'I'll come pick you up there'

'You're not mad?', He didn't hear what the other said and was surprised at the man's tone.

The older man took one last drag before putting the cigarette out in a ashtray.

'It's alright, although I would've minded at least a heads-up', Geonwoo started to walk out of his office. He got in front of an elevator and went inside. He pressed the button for the ground level, and it started to go down.

'But..I thought you were having some affairs to do with work so I didn't try bothering you'

Eui-joon could hear the voice chuckling deeply and he could feel himself getting sheepish.

Of course, Ahjussi doesn't mind it. We've been in a relationship for a year a half and I'm still not used to it!

'Joon-ah, I don't mind it. Telling me where you are going or whatever isn't gonna be a distraction', the voice rang on the other line.

'Yes, I know. I'm sorry, I'll go out now', Eui-joon started to pack up his things to leave.

'No, just wait there', The elevator opens and Geonwoo steps out, walking towards the parking lot.

Eui-joon stopped, 'Huh?'

Geonwoo presses his car keys, and his car made a sound. He opened the door and went inside, shutting it behind him. He put his phone on the holder and puts it on speaker.

'Ahjussi, what do you mean by waiting here?'

He turns on the engine and Eui-joon heard that.

'You're coming here?'

Geonwoo froze. 'I said that earlier, didn't I?'

Eui-joon let out an embarrassed laugh, 'Yeah you did, I just didn't quite hear it properly'. He started to sit down and put his things back.

'Hm, is that so?', Geonwoo drove towards an exit where a guard notices him and let him get through. 'So, what did you read today?'.

'Nothing much. I just picked up some random books that seemed interesting to read. The book that I was earlier reading was nice, it had such a pretty cover and an intriguing plot. It was good, the plot is like really.......'

Eui-joon went on to rant about the novel and Geonwoo didn't mind it one bit, listening and following what the younger man said to him. He'd make little comments here and there, to show that he was indeed invested as well.

When Eui-joon was done, he took a breath, 'So yeah it was like that. I still haven't finished reading it'

'Well, you can go and finish it'

'But you're almost here'

'Then you can borrow it'

Eui-joon pauses, 'Oh yeah, I never thought of it', and laughs a bit.

Geonwoo smiled through the call, 'I'm almost there'

'Mm, okay..I'm gonna hang up now'

'......Okay'

'Okay, I love you'

'..Mn..'

Eui-joon smiled. Even if Ahjussi can't say it properly, he knows he loves him too. He hung up and the call ended.

He grabbed his things, alongside with the book, stood up , and went towards the counter where the librarian was staying at. He walked there and placed the book, 'Hello, I'd like to borrow this please'.

The librarian notices his presence and smiled, 'Alright then sir, I'll have to check this out before you could leave with it'

He nods, 'Thank you, ma'am'

'Yes yes. Also, books should be returned not less than a week'

Eui-joon nods again and smiles, 'Yes, I got it'

The librarian used a barcode reader on the book and it made a beep noise. She hands the book over to Eui-joon, 'Have a great day'

He smiles again and thanks her before walking towards the door to go out.

His phone vibrates in his hand and he looked at it. It was Geonwoo.

He answered it and Geonwoo's voice was heard again on the other line.

'Come out, I'm here'

Eui-joon smiles, 'Okay'. He gets to the door and goes out. He then sees a black car in front and saw Geonwoo leaning on it, with a phone being held up to his ear and a cigarette on the other. Geonwoo sees him and hangs up the call. Eui-joon smiles at him brightly as he walks towards him. The older man takes a drag to his cigarette and opens his arms as Eui-joon threw himself into them.

He pulls away and looks at Geonwoo's face. The latter threw his cigarette on the ground and moved away to open the door for the younger man. Eui-joon gets in and the door is shut behind him, he hears the other side being opened then closed. Before he could look at Geonwoo, his face was being held and lips were being connected to his. He gasps, startled but then relaxes and closes his eyes. He opens his mouth for a tongue to plunge inside, a hands strokes his nape, that is reddened as it usually does. They kissed for a while before Geonwoo pulls away from him.

He strokes Eui-joon's face slowly before asking him, 'What do you want for dinner?'.

Eui-joon hums, 'I don't know'

'Then let's eat out'

'Okay'

Geonwoo pulls his hands away, but wraps his hand around Eui-joon's. He starts the engine and the car roars with life. Eui-joon looks at him, 'Did you miss me today, ahjussi?'

Geonwoo looks at him for a bit before directing his attention to the road, the cars starts moving and they drive off. He didn't answer, but instead, the grip on their hands connecting tightened, Eui-joon laughs a bit then squeezes his hands back to him.