Trustworthy Pt. 2

Start from the beginning

"Sometimes, as a hero, you have to be willing to use violent methods to put a criminal in their place. It's as simple as that."

Despite my anger at the rat's questioning of my methods, I knew Nezu was correct about one thing. I couldn't prove anything. I couldn't prove that they were ever present in this precinct. I suppose I could always threaten the detective, but that wouldn't get me very far. Besides, I would also be blamed for Emerald's escape. I can't allow for that to happen.

But that doesn't matter. Emerald is too injured to fight anyone. If I can find his location, I should be able to capture him quite easily. The HPSC can never know about this. They will never learn about this.

I'll make sure of it.

<•------------•>

AFO's POV:

I narrowed my eyes, resting my head on my fist, staring over at the center of the room as a large cloud of purple mist enveloped a large portion of the area.

"Has he succeeded?" I contemplated, sitting up straight in attention.

My small grin quickly widened into a large smile as Emerald stepped out of the purple mist, handcuffs still clamped over both of his wrists, an extreme amount of injury all over his body.

"I see. So this is the famous Emerald I've heard so much about," Dr. Garaki observed, quickly returning his attention to several of the test tubes on the desk in front of him. "He's quite the resilient one, moving around with such injuries."

"Indeed he is," I agreed, watching as the child looked around the room.

"All For One," Emerald said, taking a few steps closer.

 "Emerald," I greeted, smile widening, as I memorized a last facial feature down to the diamond-shaped freckles. The second time I'm meeting him, I already get to see his appearance. This could be incredibly useful. "It has been a while since we've last met, hasn't it, young one? I apologize for the sudden assistance. However, I assumed you may have desired help," I explained, leaning forward in my chair.

"I do hope the heroes treated you well."

Emerald didn't say or do anything for a few seconds, only staring up at me with an unreadable expression on his face.

"Some of them did. Endeavor was less than kind, though," Emerald responded, eyes drifting over to Dr. Garaki.

"Well, isn't that a shame. Don't worry, I have a feeling Endeavor will be punished," I stated, watching as Kurogiri fully reformed himself behind Emerald.

"By you?" Emerald asked, an eyebrow raised.

"Not quite," I replied. 

Immediately noticing the growing nervousness and skepticism on the child's face, I decided to quickly dismiss his unspoken concerns.

"Do not worry. I have no intention of harming you. I simply found from the kindness of my heart that I should send Kurogiri there to assist you. I can assure you that as soon as you are healed of your injuries, you may be allowed to leave," I said.

The boy's skepticism didn't fade, but he did seem a bit more willing to cooperate.

"I appreciate your help, All For One, but I can't just accept that you decided to help me out of kindness. You don't strike me as one to help purely based off kindness," Emerald accused, seeing right through my facade.