" Oh! Look how far we've come!" Sasha celebrated as she sauntered around the apartment. The morning had started in a blur as Jenesis was awaken by the said woman with a wig too big that she almost went to sleep in horror. Breakfast was rushed according to Giovanni and Star, and in no time they arrived in the capital. Jenesis had barely settled into the morning to comprehend the time, and she was dazed throughout breakfast. When the time came to smile at the colourful faces of the capital, and the flashes of cameras that flickered every second, the only thing that went through Jenesis's mind was to shield her sister.

She found herself fighting off a sneer at every ooh and aah as the crowd squealed over the resemblance between Jenesis and Jasmine Hammaz.

Despite Jasmines content, Jenesis knew there was no good in resembling her.

Not in the capital.

" We went from tears about your behaviour, scolding you for your lack of class—and I'll admit, it has gotten better—to this." Sasha gestured to the crystal and glass designs that decorated the large space. " From doubting you to representing you..."

Jenesis couldn't even pretend to be shocked when she saw a plaque on the wall that very expressively emphasized her victory in the games. Making sure to print in bold cursive letters, " Jenesis Hammaz, The Diamond Victor of the 69th Annual Hunger Games

" We've come far indeed." Finnick murmured as he entered following Mags and the rest of her prep team.

" Attitude." Sasha corrected with the raise of her perfectly arched brow. " And that goes for you too Jenesis."

" What?"

" It's pardon." Sasha reprimanded as her brow twitched. " It seems like the only person truly happy here is Jasmine. Perhaps Jasmine needs to lend some of her money to the both of you."

Jasmine's face scrunched in confusion at the woman. " I don't have any money?"

" Dear lord." Dolla murmured as Sasha's face twitched.

" Why don't we all just relax?" Roman proposed as the group of 9 stood in the very humble abode. " The nerves are high, it's evening time, and we're all gearing up for the biggest party of the year."

Jenesis let out a slow exhale through her nose at yet another reminder of the hellish day that awaits for her tomorrow. Following her conversation with Finnick last night, Jenesis had accepted that the whole deck of cards were stacked up against her. There was nothing she could do to keep up with President Snow and his schemes, the debts to the people of the capital who will surely collect from her in soon time.

Everything about the Hunger Games and what they represented was rigged. From the before, the during, and leading to every moment after.

Jenesis might've been playing a game seven months ago, and she might've won, but a new game was commencing, and she was no winner this time.

" I think all we need is dinner and sleep until tomorrow." Roman finished as he looked to everyone. " Mags and Jasmine especially,"

Jenesis let out a exhale as she continued to glance around the new space they were to stay in. It eerily reminded her of her tribute days that she spent cooped up in that slaughter house. The only difference is that she wasn't being sent to slaughter—no not this time, but more so just being sent to the slaughterhouse.