eepy babies

'Hen!' Edward exclaimed, appearing in the mirror beside Henry who pouted at the interruption, dropping the doll he held in his hands.

"Wha'? 'M busy," he slouched, looking toward the mirror on his left. He was currently sitting on the floor of his office with the few childhood toys he'd collected from the home he'd grown up in after his mother had passed.

''s m',' Edward slurred, before groaning in frustration and scowling, ''Anyon! 'E's comin!' he pointed toward the door, causing Henry's eyes to widen.

"Henry?" came that familiar voice, the locked handle wiggling, "Henry, why is your door locked?" Lanyon laughed kindly.

Henry froze, only finally moving when his other half started pressing him, 'C'ean up! Hen, c'ean up!' Henry complied, rushing to grab the dolls and other toys and shove them under his desk where they'd be hidden.

He was too small for this- Lanyon couldn't see him like this!

"Henry, I may be the only one who doesn't know how to pick a lock in this building but that doesn't mean I don't have your key," Lanyon warned, shoot, shoot, shoot!

'S'eep! Preten' tah' sleep!' Edward insisted, flying across the reflective surfaces until he was on the hanging mirror above the couch Henry had specifically for taking naps on.

Henry lit up at the suggestion, clumsily standing from the floor and rushing over, laying on the couch. His too-long limbs curled up on the piece of furniture while he turned to face the wall, clenching his eyes shut just in time for Lanyon to gently push open the door.

"Henry?" there's a pause filled with the sound of Lanyon's boots clicking on the wood, "Oh, Henry..." he sighed, more footsteps entering the room. The office door clicked shut while Lanyon continued to walk around.

A moment later a hand wrapped around Henry's wrist, startling him into opening his eyes and looking up at Lanyon hovering over him. He pulled his legs further up against his chest, burying a whine.

"Hi," Lanyon chuckled.

"Hi," Henry parroted, trying to keep his voice from the childish lilt.

'Go 'way!' Edward whined, flying across the mirror in the room and causing Henry to flinch.

"Why aren't you in your bed?" Lanyon questioned, crouching down while Henry rolled over on the couch to face him. The split character hummed, shrugging and refusing to look Lanyon in the face– afraid he'd see something wrong, "Henry?"

"I dunno," Henry mumbled, eyes fixated on the mirror behind Lanyon where his other half had crossed his arms and fixed a pout onto his face.

Lanyon was quiet for a moment longer, before he sighed, "Were you pretending to sleep?" the co-founder asked, "Because you were doing something you weren't supposed to be doing. Like working at three in the morning?"

Henry's eyes widened, "'s three?" he asked incredulously.

Lanyon frowned, "Yes, you have a watch for a reason, Henry."

Henry pouted, "Sorry," he looked away again, "Got dis-dis-trac-ted," he stumbled over the word, watching Edward wince.

Lanyon analyzed him, "Are you sick?" he asked, reaching forward and placing a cool hand on Henry's forehead, "You don't feel warm..."

"'M not sick," Henry retorted, almost sounding offended.

"Then why are you talking like that, Henry?" Lanyon huffed. He watched Henry's eyes widen and a bright blush spread across his cheeks, "You know you're doing it, don't you?" Henry nodded minutely, "Do you know why you're doing it?" another nod, "Can you tell me?"