T W O| Band-Aids

"Hey Richi-" Beverly cut herself off, looking at the two boys in front of her. Eddie was snuggled up, his head resting on Richie's lap, Richie on the other, hand was as stif as a Bord, and his face as red as Beverly's hair in the sun. "Shit- this is cute" she said putting her hands on the sides of her face, with puppy dog eyes "Shut it Marsh!" (This is like his slogan in the book btw>:) It was just then when he saw the gash in Beverly's leg, "oh, um shit, let me just-" Richie tried too scoot his way out from under Eddie, but the sight movement caused Eddie too slowly pull his head up. But Eddie, being Eddie freaked out and immediately jolted awake seeing the blood, slowly dripping down her leg. " Fuck, Bev sit down please?" He said patting the couch next to him pulling out his pills from his Fanny pack, and placed them done beside him, then he pulled out a small travel sized rubbing alcohol, lose cotton balls and a small roll of gauze tape. "Who the fuck has lose cotton balls?" Richie said resting his elbow on Eddie's shoulder, pointing at the five cotton balls resting in Eddie's hands. "Richie, you know Eddie don't you" Beverly said croaking her head back at him with a devilish smile. "Ok this might hurt, but can you rest your foot on the coffee table?" "Oh,yeah sure." She said bringing her foot up on the table lightly grunting as she did so. "Thank you" Eddie said smiling up at her. The room went pretty quiet, with the occasional humming of a song from Richie.

The more Beverly looked at Eddie, the more things she noticed,

The boy had tear stained cheeks,and was wearing one of Richie's AC/DC shirts, that she knew was Richie's because if Eddie was ever caught listening to metal, he would be sent too a mental institution. He was also, very quiet, witch with Eddie, is not a very normal thing. Maybe I'm just reading too far into this..right? Beverly thought as Eddie rapped her leg. "All done." Eddie said putting his stuff in his Fanny pack. "Thanks, Ed" she said getting up and limping her way to the 'old lady chair' as Richie called the floral print corner chair. Yet, Beverly quite liked the chair, it reminded her of an old pare of boots her mother gave her when she was still here, and when her dad was more 'normal'.

Just then a loud knock was sounded through the house, sending a rush of adrenaline through her. Richie quickly got up and opened the door for the second time,too be face-to-face with three cops. "Do you know a Beverly Elfrida Marsh?" The cop closest to the door said, tapping a pen on a small notebook. Hearing her full name being called by a cop, and remembering the call she had made earlier that day and she slowly got up and walked too the door, poking her head out, "that's me.." she said lightly waving her hand at the man. "Come with us." The man said looking up from his notebook. "Bev? What did you do?" Richie whispered to her "she did nothing." The cop said coldly, "Beverly, your father is in the hospital." "O-oh yeah...is it ok if I grab my things?" She said turning to the stairs "Sure, but don't take too long." He said looking back at the two cops behind him, "go on boys, I'm fine." He said, turning back to Richie who was awkwardly standing there, scuffing his feet on the ground. "Soo-coppers..." he said shooting finger guns up at the tall, brunette, man standing before him,The man looked down at him sternly, "your, parents here?" He said pointing behind him. "Ah, uh no they're out of town.." he said, pulling at the rim of his shirt, wishing Bev would hurry up. He just hated getting asked questions about his parents, just then a small hand was resting on his back, "you ok Rich?" A soft, sleepy voice said from behind him. " oh yeah Ed's, I'm fine.." he said letting go of the rim of his shirt and patting Eddie on the head, Messing up his already messy hair. "You sure Chee?" He said sliding his hand down to grab Richie's hand, squeezing it lightly, this caused Richie to go bright red, "uh-y-yeah spaghetti man I'm fine..."  "ok.." he said letting go of Richie's hand and sleepily wobbled back to the couch. Richie, still red, turned back to the cop. His stomach turned, looking at the man in his late 40's, who had judging eyes at the boy. When Beverly slowly came down the stairs, her bag slung sloppily on her shoulder. "Ok, come on." The cop said stepping out of the door frame too let Beverly past him, still eyeing Richie, with discussed. As Beverly did so she felt the taller man's firm hand resting on her shoulder,sending shivers up her. She swiftly pulled her shoulder out from under his hand, and walked towards the small car, setting her stuff down and turning back to the boys and gave them a goodbye smile, as she put herself in the car.

Off to the hospital.