Settling Down

(Y/N) pov:

"Oh you!" Rotty said, hitting me in the arm. 

We were laughing as we started to make our way back to the mansion. We had just came back from Siren Island after that little incident occurred, where we found out Risky was trying to steal the Siren's powers or what not. I didn't know what really went down. Shantae never gave me a full insight on what just happened back at that Island. But all I knew is that we were finally gonna get back to the mansion and relax.

We sure as hell deserved it...

I opened the door and we stepped inside, we kicked off our shoes and I set down the souvenirs on the counter top. Rotty and I got inside our room and I sighed in relief.  

"Ah... home sweet home~" I said, plopping myself on the bed. I smiled warmly as I closed my eyes, resting my head on the soft pillow. "Mmm~ I missed you..." I added on with bliss.

"Feels good to be back!" Rotty said spinning around with her arms out. She then plopped on the bed with me. She let out a sigh before looking back at me. "That flight took forever. I thought we were gonna be stuck in the air for another two hours." Rotty said.

"Well, at least we got a good pilot. With that piece of crap, I thought we were gonna nose-plant right into the ocean. And I hate the fucking ocean..." I replied.

"Aw~ Did someone get a little airsick?" Rotty teased.

I just smiled and chuckled. "Me? Never?"

Rotty giggled. "I'm just playing with ya! I couldn't stand being up there with Bird-Brain for another second." Rotty said, resting her head into my chest.

I then stared at the roof for a couple of seconds before speaking up. "Speaking of Sky, why'd you kick Bolo in the face back there? You know... for trying to break up that little catfight you and Sky were causing." I asked, sternly.

Rotty's eyes widened a bit. "I hate when people don't mind their own business sometimes." Rotty replied.

"That doesn't give you the right to start kicking people, pulling hair, and clawing." I replied with annoyance, closing my eyes.

"Yeah, well, it was Bird-Brain's fault..." Rotty said.

I just exhaled. "Whatever." I said with indifference. 

"But hey, look on the bright side! Abner and Poe are gonna be gone for a couple of weeks! You know what that means..." Rotty said, straddling me. She got on top of me and I held her hips. "We get this whole mansion all to ourselves! For two whole weeks!" Rotty said with excitement.

I looked up and smiled warmly at her. "Sounds good to me. Your brother scares the shit out of me, no offence." I replied.

Rotty chuckled. "Yeah, he can be quite imposing, all right. And a little demanding, but you'll get used to it, sooner or later." Rotty reassured me.

"I don't think I ever will." I said with defeatism.

"Just... try to take your mind off it. So~ should we go out on that date? Or should we..." Rotty said before leaning in, planting her lips onto mine. We giggled into the kiss. I held Rotty close as we sank our lips together. The kiss sent a feeling of warmth through me. 

Every time Rotty and I kissed, I'd always get butterflies. It felt euphoric. To be honest, I'd much prefer making out, then going on that date. But we still had a lot of time left on our hands.

What's an hour of this gonna do?

(Time-Skip)

We arrived in Scuttle Town about 30 minutes later. The sun was fully down at this point, and I still felt a little fuzzy from that make out session. Rotty was hanging on to my arm as we continued to walk around. There should be some decent places where we could go. Scuttle Town's full of them.

Rotty tugged my arm and pointed at the water. I curled my lip in thought. "Really?" I asked with a deadpan voice, and my eyebrow raised.

"Come on! It's not like a shark's gonna come out and bite ya!" Rotty teased, while running to the beach.

I sighed. "This woman..." I mumbled to myself, following Rotty to the beach lackadaisically.

Rotty and I got onto the sand and Rotty started to spin and hop around with passion. That's one of the things I admired about Rotty, her enthusiasm. She'd always lighten up my day, regardless of what we were in. Just her presence alone made me happy. I gave a coy smile as Rotty turned around to look at me. 

"Nice night for a swim, don't you think?" She said, stretching her arms out.

I started to look around. "What? We don't even have bathing suits-" I was then cut off, blushing at the sight. Rotty was already naked. Completely naked. I was absolutely dumbfounded and embarrassed at the same time. Sure there wasn't anyone out at this time but still.

I continued to stare at her. Rotty looked at me and winked, sticking her tongue out playfully. I just looked down to the ground and held my arm a bit. Rotty chuckled. She then began to walk into the water. I got a good look at her behind from here. She got far out enough where her body and breasts were covered by the water. She looked at me and beckoned me.

"Come on in! The water's perfect..." She said with a small grin.

I then blushed redder and started to lose my cool. "Y-Yes, sweetie! I-I'll be right in..." I said, while hesitantly taking my clothes off. I stripped down to only my boxers, cause I sure as hell ain't getting naked on the beach. I'm not that shameless like Rotty.

Anyway, I got down to my boxers and walked into the water. I stuck my feet in, and I was surprised about the temperature. It was lukewarm, it wasn't freezing. I could easily walk further in with Rotty. I approached her and we twirled around slightly as we embraced each other. 

We then smooched quickly, then we looked at the moon and the stars. We cuddled our heads together as we smiled lightly. I sighed. 

"Life couldn't get any better than this..." I mumbled.

"You're telling me. We get to go home without my brother hounding us, plus, I get to spend quality time with my boyfriend." Rotty said, kissing me on the cheek.

I smiled a bit. "I finally get to be alone with my beautiful, loving girlfriend." I added on, playfully. We both giggled. We kissed again, and rested our foreheads together. We then went back to staring at the stars again, standing in the water.

I had to get outta the water soon, cause I hated the ocean. Just being in it gave me the creeps. I hate big bodies of water as it is.

But with Rotty beside me, I had no issue.