Chapter 15: Prank On Friend

Scene: Ashu's home, morning.

As the sun rises on Day 3 of Mandeep's visit, Ashu finds himself reflecting on the journey that has brought them to this point. The weight of the charade and the emotions it has stirred within him are heavy, but there's also a sense of connection and growth that he can't ignore.

Ashu: (to himself) It's been a rollercoaster, that's for sure.

As Ashu contemplates the path he's been on, a knock on the door interrupts his thoughts.

Gurpreet: (calling) Ashika, can you get the door?

Ashu answers the door to find his friend Raj standing there, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

Raj: (entering the room) Excuse me, Ashika.

Mandeep looks at Raj curiously, while Ashu's eyes widen in surprise.

Mandeep: (raising an eyebrow) And who might you be?

Raj: (smirking) I'm Ashika's boyfriend, Raj.

Ashu's heart skips a beat as he shoots Raj a panicked look. What is Raj up to?

Mandeep: (amused) Boyfriend, you say?

Raj: (nodding) Yes, sir. Ashika and I have been together for a while now.

Ashu's face turns several shades of red as he stammers, lost for words.

Mandeep: (laughing) Well, well, Ashika. You didn't tell me about this.

Ashu: (flustered) Uh, well...

Raj's prank continues, much to Ashu's dismay. As the day unfolds, Raj plays the role of Ashu's "boyfriend" with unbridled enthusiasm, much to Ashu's chagrin.

Raj: (whispering to Ashu) Come on, play along! It's just a bit of fun.

Raj: (grinning at Mandeep) You know, Mandeep ji, I'm just so lucky to have Ashika in my life.

Ashu's eyes widen as he fumbles for words.

Mandeep: (teasingly) It seems like you two are very close.

Raj: (playfully) Oh, absolutely. We're practically inseparable.

Ashu's stomach churns, a mixture of discomfort and a strange fluttering sensation.

Mandeep: (smirking) And how did you two meet?

Raj: (with a twinkle in his eye) Well, we had a chance encounter at a local festival. Our eyes met across the crowd, and I knew I had to get to know her better.

Ashu's cheeks turn various shades of red and pink as he attempts to suppress his embarrassment.

Mandeep: (amused) That's quite the story.

Raj: (grinning) It was like fate brought us together.

Throughout the day, Raj and Mandeep continue their playful banter, leaving Ashu in a perpetual state of blushing and discomfort.

Mandeep: (smiling at Ashu) You're lucky to have such a devoted boyfriend, Ashika.

Ashu: (nervous laughter) Yes, I suppose I am.

As the day progresses, Ashu's mind swirls with a mixture of irritation and butterflies. The conversations between Raj and Mandeep continue to leave him flustered, but beneath it all, he can't help but acknowledge the bond that's formed between them.

Raj: (whispering to Ashu) You have to admit, this prank has been pretty fun.

Ashu: (rolling his eyes) Fun for you, maybe.

Ashu: (to himself) I can't believe I have to endure this for the entire day.

As the sun sets on Mandeep's last day, Ashureflects on the journey that's come to an end—the challenges, the growth, andthe connections forged. And as he bids Mandeep farewell, he carries with him anewfound understanding of the complexities of family, sacrifice, and theunexpected bonds that can form even in the most unconventional circumstances.