Chapter 19' Heavy Heart

Start from the beginning

Approaching the dark hallway closer, there were a few people making out on the walls. Some mingling, and others dry humping each other.

She heads to the end of the hall, where's there's another smaller hallway to it's left.

Steve had an arm on the wall behind the girl, while her hands felt his torso up, she was laughing at something he said, Steve leaned in closer to whisper something else in the girl's ear. Which makes her subtly bite her lip.

Nat knows Steve's always been a big flirt. Especially to get something he wanted in return. The girl reaches to Steve's face, and Nat thinks he's going to back away now.

"Did you get my texts?" They were so oblivious to Nat's presence, and lost in the lust they didn't realize she was just standing there.

"I did," Nat hears Steve reply, "you shouldn't be blowing my phone up like that though. I could get in trouble."

"Oh yeah? With who?" The girl tilts her head, her hands wandering lower.

Nat hopes this some sick dream, but it's not, she was really here, watching this happen before her eyes, she hopes he's done with the flirting game, and head back to her and Bucky. And this night would never be spoken about.

But no, instead he leans in too and Nat clears her throat. Making both of their heads turn, "really, Steve? What the fuck?" Nat yells in disgust to what she just witnessed. What kind of man was he?

"Nat," Steve chases after her, passing the people making out in the hall, and catches up to her fast enough to grab her arm. Leaving his friend stranded back where they were fooling around.

"Don't touch me, Steve!" Nat swats his hand away, "how could you cheat on Y/n? How could you put yourself in that situation?" Although she was jealous of you, Nat still knew this was wrong. Steve and you were married. That was it. You guys tied the knot and you're probably back home in Boston thinking he's being faithful.

"I'd never cheat on my wife," Steve remains calm, "we were just talking."

Nat scoffs, she's so fucking angry with him, as if she was the one getting cheated on, "talking? With her hands feeling you up? I'm sorry. I'm new to that kind of talking. You're trying for a family, Steve! You might be a father and this is how you're going to act? How embarrassing."

"Nat," Nat pushes to leave until Steve grabs her arm again, but she pushes it off.

"No. I'm going home. If I were you, I'd take a look in the mirror. Because this is not the Steve I know."

Marching back to the table to grab her things and avoiding Bucky's questions as to what was wrong, Nat takes an Uber home. Where she reevaluates her taste in men. And debates on whether to call you or not...

• Ari & Lana •

"Okay sweetheart, you are such a cute little thing!" The peds doctor on call finally had entered the room with two other nurses, and prepped Livvie up for some stitches.

"I need you to stay very, very still while I close up your boo-boo, okay? And then you'll feel all better!" The doctor was enthusiastic, and kind, which was great for Livvie's nerves, he actually made her smile.

"Okay, Mom, Dad, I just need one of you to be close so she knows you're near by." Dr.Karev announces, Lana and Ari look at each other, Ari decides to go. It might be too harsh for his wife to watch their baby get stitches sowed into her head.

Lana remains close though, her hand on her chest, while Dr.Karev began the procedure, two nurses near to help with whatever he needed.

Not two minutes into the doctor starting the stitches, Lana hears a loud thud, she had zoned out, continuing to blame herself for what happened.