Chapter 2: The Empty Vessel

(Originally Written by Aquaticar22)

In his dream, Izuku was in his apartment, although it was pitch black. His only light source was himself as he was glowing a faint white. Without thinking, he put on the cloak and put his pure nail on his back. He then makes a log trek to the bathroom, while looking at the familiar shapes that make up his home. No one else seemed to be here, as he checked the kitchen and the bedrooms, and they were empty. 

When he finally reached the bathroom and looked in the mirror, all he saw was a black version of his reflection with completely white glowing eyes. He hears a soft heartbeat, and looks down at his chest to see the Voidheart. With every pulse, the glowing white eyes of the charm seem to brighten a bit. When Midoriya looks up again his shadow is staring him down outside the mirror saying "Wake up."

Izuku wakes up in a cold sweat at the hospital. His mother is holding his arm, which is now fully black, as she is sleeping with visible signs of her crying. While trying to shake her awake, the doctor comes in with a syringe and a clipboard. "Oh you're awake. You had us scared last night. You were burning up and your skin was turning black. While we wait for your mother to wake up, can you answer some questions for me?" 

Shakily, Izuku agreed, and the doctor started asking standard questions. "What's your name, how old are you, what's your quirk, has this happened before today." When the doctor took a blood test, Izuku did not even flinch. He couldn't fell the needle at all. And when he drew blood, it was not red as you would expect. It was as black as charcoal and thick like oil. Izuku then asked for a mirror to look at his refection.

He still had his green eyes, but they were fading, and turning midnight black

He still had his green eyes, but they were fading, and turning midnight black. His face was no longer pale, but his hair was black, his skin was black from the neck down as well, and he could feel that felling of something being missing from this morning, but it's been amplified by 10. Once the doctor came back, he had given Izuku his cloak and pure nail back, and had pulled Ms. Midoriya out of the room.

"Please give me your first name Ms. Midoriya." The doctor asked calmly. "O-of course. It's Inko. Is my son OK? How is he feeling? Why does he look like this?" Inko asked the doctor while slightly panicking. "He is all right Ms. Midoriya. it seems they even though your son has the extra joint, he has developed a quirk. This category of quirk is rare, so they are usually called mutation quirks. Although there has never been one of this magnitude recorded. I suggest that your son try to figure out the extent of his quirk and what it does, as well as it's drawbacks. He has also lost 75% of his weight. We believe this is from his blood having mutated to have little to no cells. He also seems to be able to eat and breathe as well, but whatever happened to his skin, it just absorbs the x-rays that we use to give him the scan.  Besides that, his vitals are stable, and his temperature has returned to normal. It seems safe for both of you to return home." Informed the doctor. 

While in the car, Izuku still had a nagging feeling of something being missing. He could no longer feel minor pain, so that's what might be wrong, but then he dismissed that feeling. It was something more... important. He has been dreaming about this day for years, but he didn't even smile from the fact that he got a quirk.

He had shrugged it off once again, as he was too tired to think about it at the moment. When he wakes up next morning, he put on his clothes, and heads downstairs to tell his mother goodbye. Inko looks concerned, but happy for her son.

"Have a nice day at school, Izu-kun! Remember to be careful with your new quirk!" His mother says with a smile on her face. Izuku gives a halfhearted smile, and says with a semi flat voice "Thank you mama." He then leaves the apartment, as he begins the walk towards school. To hide his new condition, he had worn his cloak, and his nail was in his book-sack. He had arrived at school, while not caring about avoiding the bullies.

Once again, Bakugou was waiting for Izuku to get to school, and had started with calling him worthless, but he could tell something is different. He is not shivering, or even having any expression on his face. He just stares at him, with blank eyes.

Speaking of eyes, Izuku's eyes weren't even the same.  Their usual emerald green was replaced with a dull black. His hair was also charcoal, losing all of it's green shine. He looked as if he is a completely different person.

Bakugou just decided to leave Midoriya alone today, as he doesn't seem worth the effort. Slightly surprised, Izuku's day had gone by as normal as possible. Once he went home, his usual relief was missing. In fact, he didn't even smile at his mother once she greeted him. He just didn't feel like he had to. In fact, he didn't feel anything. He finally figured out what was wrong. He had lost his emotions. He then immediately thinks about his mother. Trying to make sure that she didn't find out for her own wellbeing, he put a fake smile, and started to walk down the stairs to dinner.

These are how Izuku's days had went. He would wake up, fake saying hi to his mom, and start the long trek to school. He had picked up a new hobby as well, which was sword fighting, and had started to train his quirk as well. He had started by finding a beach that had trash all over it, and had begun to clean it daily. He then use his new mantis claws to pick up the trash, and began to climb a wall using them as well. Some of the trash were built up into piles as well, so he pile practice parkour it up to the tops to pick up trash. 

He wonders why some people would throw this trash on the beach instead of the garbage. Many had walked by the little boy who was single-handedly cleaning this huge beach, and cheered him on. He had soon earned a little legend that he was a spirit of the beach, who had started to clean up the beach so the sea creatures could come back.

While walking home from school, he had found a sludge villain in front of him about to attack a Boy and girl. The boy had a Longnail, and the girl had a needle around 3 feet tall with a glowing white thread attached to the bottom. Realizing the group is in trouble, Midoriya grabs the pure nail, and dashes in to help. The 2 kids did not question, and all three on them displayed almost perfect teamwork. While fighting the sludge monster, he was able to force Izuku's mask off, and get inside the boy's body. While inside, Midoriya tarted to feel a sensation. It was an emotion. Although, it was not fear, or dread. It was instead vengeance. It grew and grew until it could no longer be contained, and blasted out of him, forcing the sludge monster out. 

With the slime man knocked out on the floor, the boy with a mask spoke up. "Thanks a lot mate, we couldn't have done it without you. Name's Quirrell." The girl then spoke to introduce herself "I am Hornet, you have my thanks for helping us with the sludge monster." "Your welcome. My name's Izuku." After talking for a while and realizing they go to the same school with almost all the same classes, they started to gather up the sludge man in bottles. Suddenly, a loud voice boomed from afar shouting: "I AM... not needed?" All-Might said puzzled as the 3 kids had finished capturing the sludge man, and handed the bottles to the giant hero. He thanked them as he jumped off, carrying the wannabe slime from Dragonquest away to the police station.

When he got home, Izuku had made up his mind. He knew in his head that he had to become a hero. He then began to train even harder at the beach, discovering that he is able to summon wings if he focuses. Quirrel and Hornet also joined as well, as they all wanted to do the same thing: Get into UA high, the most prestigious hero school in all of Japan.