Chapter 30: Finally

Start from the beginning

The spiders all nodded resolutely. Exact for Porker.

"Don't, call me Porky," he seethed.

"Alright, fine," Peter conceded, "Noir, Gwen, Peni, Peppa, and I will be the closest to him." A smirk form on his face as the pig fumed.

Ham let out an animalistic growl as he pounced at Peter. Noir caught him midair and yanked him back and into his air to restrain him. Porker fought against his hold until Noir started to gently pet his head. The pigs shoulders then relaxed as his head fell against Noir shoulder and Gwen could have sworn she heard the pig purr.

The girl rose a brow.

"That's not something you see every day."

Gwen glanced back as she heard Miles mutter, "You have Yo-Yo's on your web shooters?"

Pavitr looked annoyed at his assumption, "What do you mean? These are bangles, you uncultured swine."

Miles rose a brow, "Uncultured swine?"

"Hey do not, disrespect swine like that," Ham chimed in his head shooting up as he leapt out of Noirs arms.

"Seriously, Peter?" Miles rolled his eyes as Pavitr laughed.

The spiders around them got themselves ready. Some grabbed their masks, while some made some last minute upgrades to their suits. Gwen looked down at her arm and sighed. It was getting better quickly thanks to her powers, but not quickly enough. Then that reminded her of Miles and the constant pain he must be in.

"Why does it always have to be him?"

She walked back through the dense crowd, toward Miles. The girl passed by Olivia. The woman's eyes widen as she was enveloped in a hug. Gwen stopped in her tracks, turning to observe the interaction. Call her nosy. She didn't care.

May pulled back from the embraced and smiled, pained as it was. "It's good to have you back, Liv."

Oliva seemed too stunned to speak, but nodded numbly, "You too."

May then shook her head as she smiled fully, "You're still going to jail after this."

Olivia laughed- a full blown laugh, unlike any that Gwen a heard from her. It sounded genuine. "They'll have to catch me first," the doctor grinned.

Gwen smiled a bit, passing them by and making her way to Miles who was standing beside Anya and speaking to her in Spanish. He grinned at Gwen as she came to stand by his side.

"What's up?" he chirped.

Gwen could help, but find his cheeriness cute. She chuckled. "A lot, right now," then her expression softened, "Are you sure you're okay with this?"

Miles tensed, but shrugged it off, "I guess so. There's no other way."

Gwen pursed her lips, but said nothing further.

"Dude!" Ganke whispered as he pushed his way through the cluster of spider-people. Gwen assumed he was lowering his voice so Liz wouldn't hear. "This plan is crazy! Are you gonna be okay?"

"Yeah man, I'll be fine," Miles grinned and for good measures he added, "And if I'm not, you can have my basketball cards and my Jordans."

"Now I don't know if I want you to come back."

The two chuckled as they came in for a quick hug.

"Alright, guys. Let's hit the road." Miguel sounded, raising a hand up so that everyone could see him. Gwen heard him mutter a sharp 'Move' to a spider standing too close to him.