Chapter 18: Caught in Paradise

Start from the beginning

"Sorry 'Coach'." Y/n said sarcastically while laughing at her best friend.

"You wanna join in Wanda?" I chuckle cause I knew I wouldn't be any help to either of them.

"Umm no. Me and sports? Bad mix." I hear Y/n make a smart comment in agreement and playfully slap her.

"Hey!"

"I didn't say anything babe. That was all you." It was all fun and games until someone else comes out to the field.

"Miss Maximoff..."

"Oh great..." I whisper so only Carol and Y/n could hear. Of course. Mrs. Darkholme...I couldn't look up to make eye contact with her so I just tilted my body inward towards Y/n.

"Do you ladies not have a class to attend?"

"Umm yeah no we don't. We have a free period." Carol said crossing her arms.

"Schedules..."

"Excuse me?" Carol said putting her hands on her hips.

"Do you 3 want to be honest with me or shall I get Principal Xavier involved?"

"No ma'am. We just lost track of time. Sorry it won't happen again." Y/n said tugging onto my hip to follow her. I didn't understand why Y/n was being so submissive. We walked pass Mrs. Darkholme and she seemed as if she accomplished the biggest reward.

"Y/n..." she turned back to face us.

"I'm in need of a teacher assistant for my planning period. If you do have a free 3rd period, I could use the extra help with grading papers."

I look up to Y/n as I can see she was avoiding eye contact as well. Mrs. Darkholme began to walk towards us,

"Unless...if either of you two also have a free 3rd period as well, the offer will be up to you as well."

Y/n looks between me and Carol until her eyes meet the pervy teacher and they don't break eye contact.

"I'm sorry I'm not interested." Y/n replied. She began to walk past the three of us before turning her head to the side.

"Then I'm sure the faculty staff will be very disappointed to hear that some of you are skipping your academics."

"Shit..." I hear Y/n whisper. I squeeze her hand and shake my head to not take the offer. She looks into my eyes and I can tell she didn't want either of us in trouble but I couldn't have her be alone with that teacher by themselves in her classroom. Of course, I trusted Y/n, but her I didn't. Carol walks over to us,

"One notification of skipping isn't terrible to be honest. Let her do it." Y/n looks back over to me,

"I don't want you getting in trouble Wanda..."

I shush her, "I would rather get in trouble than you be stuck in a room alone with her."

*Y/n's POV*

It was towards the end of the day until I heard an announcement made over the intercom.

"Carol Danvers, Y/n Nash, & Wanda Maximoff. Please report to the Principal's office." I roll my eyes and lowly grunt to myself and slowly pack my things. My teacher gave me a hall pass so I wouldn't go through any trouble walking out there with no one else. I make my way to the office and greet Ms. Harkness at the front.