Chapter 18' I'm All Here

Start from the beginning

Your lips curl up into a sweet smile as you watch Andy talk, he loves that little girl you think just as much as you love her, "and I'm sure as hell not going anywhere either."

Lana thanks the both of you and heads back into the hallway where only authorized personnel and guardians of patients were allowed. Considering Livvie was admitted into the pediatric ward of the hospital from being in the emergency room, there were many parents and children here.

You sort of hug in on yourself as you watch her go, hoping the exams come out clean. Andy sees the anxiety in you, and he can't stop himself when he wraps his arms around you, you hug him tight - because he's so comforting.

He's warm, he smells amazing, and his heart is also racing matching yours. You needed this hug.

Unfortunately your phone starts to vibrate in the little pocket of your skirt, Andy feels it and steps back a bit, you wipe away the tears on your face, "I-I have to take this," your voice is quiet and low.

Andy only nods and watches you walk away from him and closer to the windows, you look down on the screen to see it was your husband, Steve.

"Steve?"

"Why haven't you been answering my texts?" His voice is short and you just know he's angry, "where are you?"

"I'm at the hospital with Lana and Ari, Olivia cut open her forehead," you explain quickly before he starts assuming.

There's silence for a few seconds after you say that.

"Is she okay?" He dials the attitude down a bit, he (for once) believes you.

But you're wondering where he was, with the loud music, and voices coming in through the phone...

You become...for the first time ever...a bit angry with him. Wasn't he checking up on Nat and Bucky? Why was he at a party? He said he'd stop the drinking. God forbid you were at a party without telling him.

"She's going to be okay." You say through gritted teeth.

• Steve •

"Steve! Another beer?" Sam holds up a beer, and Steve moves the phone from his ear to put up his indicator finger, indicating he wanted another one.

"Hold on, baby, I can't hear you well," Steve speaks into the phone, getting up from the VIP couch and making his way into the bathroom where it was much quieter.

"Can you hear me now?" Instead of being muffled out, Steve's voice was now echoing off the walls in the men's room.

"Yeah, I said she's going to be okay," you repeat and try not to sound angry, "um, how are you doing?"

"Good. We're out for drinks with the guys and Nat. They said it's technically the celebration for our baby....how are you feeling?"

Sick. Is what you wanted to tell him. But you didn't want to say it out loud. Have it become that much more real. Technically you weren't that sick anymore.

"I've been feeling fine, Steve, um, it's kind of a bad time can I call you when I get home?" You catch a glimpse of Andy sitting in one of the waiting chairs.

"Sure, call me tonight. I'll be waiting. I hope Liv makes it out alright. Tell her I said she's a tough cookie."

"I will," that makes you smile a little bit, you don't give him the chance to say goodbye when you hang up on him.

Walking out of the bathroom and making his way to where his friends were, Steve finds a seat next to Nat, who was looking a bit more spaced out than usual.