01. a start

┌─── ∘°❉°∘ ───┐

┌─── ∘°❉°∘ ───┐

01. a start

└─── °∘❉∘° ───┘

          THE CAB PULLED OVER AT THE RESEDA APARTMENT ESTATE. A girl with brown curls that reached her shoulders walked out of the vehicle; she stared at the building with a sigh, turning to the cab driver and handing him the transportation fee.

Miles Diaz took her luggage out of the trunk of the vehicle. She had two pieces of luggage: a duffel bag and a large suitcase. The girl groaned as she pulled the heavy things out of the trunk and said her thanks to the driver who helped her before leaving.

"Miles!" the said girl turned her head to the person who called her. She immediately grinned when she saw her brother with the same expression on his face.

Miguel jogged towards her and enveloped her in a hug. The girl chuckled as her twin pulled her off the ground and spun her.

"I've missed you!" the male exclaimed as he put her down.

"Missed you, too!" Miles said, smiling and shrugging her oversized beige cardigan. She chuckled when she saw their height differences grow, "You're getting taller."

"Yeah," Miguel stood straight, mocking his twin sister's height and puffing his chest.

Miles rolled her eyes while smiling and shaking her head, "Whatever."

The twins walked inside the apartment building as Miguel took her luggage. Miles looked around the building until they reached their apartment located on the first floor.

"Where's Ma and Yaya?" the girl questioned, walking inside their home.

Miguel put down her luggage at the side of the kitchen counter as he turned around to face her, "Ma's at work, and Yaya's at her friends."

Miles smiled amusingly, "Yaya already has friends here? Damn, you're falling behind, Migs."

"You, too!"

"I literally just came back from China," the girl said, rolling her eyes, "And Mama's already working? Didn't we just move yesterday?"

"No, the day before yesterday," the twin male answered. He walked towards the kitchen to pull something to eat out of the fridge.

Miles followed him and peeked at their fridge. She took a bottle of orange juice and walked to their dining table. Miguel was already sitting on the chair as she plopped down beside him.

"And next week's school's starting?" the twin sister asked.

"Yep."

The girl let out a tired sigh. She was still jet-lagged from being on the other side of the planet. Her eyes were falling heavily due to tiredness but she couldn't sleep right now since she needed to adjust her body clock.