Geumho Station - 1 (Ep. 16)

This chapter is a mix of both the webtoon and the novel 

- Ban

(Junghyeok's POV) Just in case y'all don't see this

It is strange trying to fall asleep in the middle of a scenario without any idea of what might come next. Especially in a scenario like this... without anyone to keep watch. With my past two regressions, I've always learned the hard way what happens to those who leave their guard down; you'll be betrayed, stabbed in the back, and killed. So it makes sense why I'm unable to fall asleep at a time like this. I think I've been lying here in the pitch dark and staring at the ceiling for the past hour.

I know Rymera said that death wasn't possible here unless you were killed by another person. And in the end, that person would join you in death. I turned to lie on my side. "But the last time I trusted a person, a person who said they would be my companion, they ended up lying, and I died at his hands as a result." I thought about Dokja, the anomaly in this round. "I still don't know if I can't trust him entirely, but he has done things that should prove his loyalty. He saved me. He did everything for good of his perfect ending, and ending where I survive, where we all survive." Then I thought about Rymera.

With her face flashing through my mind and the memories of Anna, I decided that it wasn't worth it to be trusting, not this soon. Removing the blanket, I stood from my bed and walked out the door. "There's no way she would kill any one of us, right?" I thought as I stood in front of his door, Kim Dokja's door,  ̶m̶y̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶p̶a̶n̶i̶o̶n̶'̶s̶ ̶d̶o̶o̶r̶.̶ ̶ "What game could she be playing, placing me beside him?" I reach out to the doorknob, hesitating even to touch it. I frown, "I just need to be sure." And I open the door.

Unlike my room, which was completely dark, his room had a small light source in the form of a dimly lit candle on the desk. Where he got that, I had no idea. "He's safe... so why am I still here? I should go." I stare at the face of the man sleeping so calmly on the bed; a face I was now able to see clearly thanks to a meddling, green-eyed, floating menace. "Perhaps I should thank her for that." I knew I should leave. It's not nice to be in another person's room without their permission after all, especially if they are sleeping.

So why I didn't move? I have no answer. I think I just stood there, staring for around ten minutes. Once I got tired of standing, I moved to the wall and sat down, leaning against it. "Why am I still here?" I didn't get to answer that as the door to his room opened once more. Then another thing happened. Normally, I would have shot up to my feet in an instant, yet, in this man's presence, I continued to sit here.

Two figures walked through the doorframe, revealing a half-asleep Lee Gilyeong and Shin Yuseung. Him in his insect sleepwear and her in her dog and cat. "Oh," Yuseung mouthed at the sight of me. She looked at the boy beside her. He spoke instead. "Are you planning to sleep here also?" He asked. This time I took notice of the pillows and blankets they both brought.

I pushed myself from my knees. "No, I was just leaving." "Ok," Gilyeong said with a nod. I took one last glance at the man sleeping on the bed, defenseless. The dim light of the candlelit his face enough to reveal the soft features one normally wouldn't be able to see in a harsher light. "I wonder how he would look under moonlight?" I thought to myself as I walked out the door, immediately berating myself for it. "What is wrong with me?" I asked as I lay down on my bed once more. "I'm losing myself in this place."