❝︎CHAPTER THIRTY❞︎

▌𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 ━︎━︎ 𝐒𝐨𝐨𝐧 ▌

━︎━︎━︎━︎𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐈𝐏𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐔𝐆𝐆𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑 dog as much as she could, and when her mother was home she hugged her. She had explained everything to her mother, about Peter, about Sirius, and about the scratches that now lined her torso. Her mother had cried when she told her that. Juniper had assured her that she was fine and they didn't bother her or hurt her. Anastasia had calmed down a little at that.

"I'm beginning to think I shouldn't let you go there anymore." Anastasia said, shaking her head. "That school was always slightly questionable, but when I went there, it was never anything as bad as everything you and your friends have been put through."

"It's Harry, I'm telling you. I love him, but everything seems to be out to get him nowadays. You think I can't catch a break? It's Harry who really can't. I just wish that we could adopt him. Let him live here." She sighed, shaking her head.

"About that. . ." Anastasia stood up, walking to grab a paper before walking back over to Juniper and handing her the paper. Juniper looked at it and her eyes widened. She looked at her mother, wondering if it was real. "I thought about what you said, and I'm going to try again. Harry deserves to live somewhere safe, where he doesn't feel threatened. It may take a while. . . it could take a year or two, maybe even longer, but I have to try, right?"

Juniper smiled widely and threw her arms around her mother. "Thank you, mom."

"Of course." Anastasia glanced towards Shadow who was whimpering. "I think your dog wants to go on a walk. Be careful."

Juniper stood up and smiled. "Always am." She quickly hooked Shadow on his leash before making her way out the door. She walked around the neighborhood, letting Shadow do his business and trot happily. Juniper laughed, shaking her head. Suddenly, Shadow stopped. He turned his head and a growl fell from his lips. Juniper frowned. Shadow never growled.

"Hey, boy, what's going on?" Juniper asked, coming to a stop beside of him and rubbing a hand through his fur. Juniper turned her head towards the place her dog was growling. Her eyes spotted another black dog, a very familiar one at that. Juniper stared at the dog, watching it bow his head towards her. Juniper understood. She nodded back before whistling for Shadow and making him walk back towards their home.

Juniper made her way to her house, walking inside and putting up Shadow's leash. The dog went running, forgetting about the other dog he'd saw. A knock came on the door and Juniper stopped, turning to look at it. Carefully, she made her way back towards the door. Her hand hovered over the door knob, hesitation making her wait. She turned the knob and slowly pulled open the door. She was surprised to see Sirius standing there not in his Animagus form. Juniper quickly pulled him inside so that he wouldn't be seen.

He looked much better than the last time she saw him. His teeth were a normal color, his clothes weren't tattered and torn. He was clean. You would have never thought he'd been in Azkaban. Anastasia's voice echoed through the home. "Juni, was someone at the door?" Sirius looked up at the sound of her voice. The sound of his lovers voice. The woman he had always loved. The woman he would always love. "Juniper?"

Finally, Anastasia made her way towards the hall that lead to the front door. "Juniper, answer me when I talk to you please. You scare me when you do that. Who was it?" Anastasia came to a stop, looking at her daughter before looking at the person that was standing beside of her. Anastasia froze, swearing up and down that her eyes were deceiving her and this was some trick.

"Mom?" Juniper carefully asked, stepping closer to her.

Anastasia didn't look at her daughter, her eyes sorely focused on Sirius. She felt tears spring to her eyes. "Sirius?" She asked in a soft whisper. This had to be a trick.

"Hey, Ana." Sirius answered her, not moving a muscle in case his presence alarmed her.

"You're here. . . how?" Anastasia stumbled over her words.

"Juniper." He nodded towards their daughter.

Anastasia carefully crept closer to him until she was standing right in front of him. Her hand carefully reached up, pressing her palm against his cheek. "You're real. You're really here." A tear slipped down her cheek.

"I'm here." Sirius nodded.

"You can't stay here." Anastasia whispered, shaking her head. "They'll find you."

"I know. That's why I'm not staying. But I couldn't go another day without seeing you. I thought that maybe you'd moved on."

"Never," Anastasia shook her head.

"I thought about you and Juniper everyday. And maybe. . . maybe one day I can come home. But that day is not today."

"I've missed you," Anastasia whispered. "So much."

"And I, you."

Anastasia pulled him to her, her lips pressing against his. Sirius didn't hesitate to kiss her back, holding her as close as he could. He never wanted to let her go. He didn't want to leave her. He didn't want to leave his daughter. He would come home to them, he would. He didn't care what it took.

He pulled away. "I have to go. I love you both so much." He looked at Juniper. "I will come home to you as soon as I can."

"I'm counting on it," Juniper smiled. She ran forwards and hugged him tightly, Sirius pressing a kiss to her forehead. Juniper pulled away and looked at him. "I'll see you soon, dad."

"Soon," he promised. He looked at Anastasia, sharing another kiss with her. He cupped her face in his hands. "Soon." He looked at the two before turning into his Animagus form. Anastasia opened the door and they watched him run away.

"Surprise." Juniper hummed.

"You knew he would come?" Anastasia asked.

"Of course I did. I told him to." She smiled.

"You should've told me." Anastasia glanced down at her outfit. "I look awful." Juniper let out a laugh and just shook her head, closing the front door and making her way to the kitchen where dinner was patiently waiting.

" Juniper let out a laugh and just shook her head, closing the front door and making her way to the kitchen where dinner was patiently waiting