❝︎CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE❞︎

▌𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞 ━︎━︎ 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐂𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐀𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐧 𝐌𝐞 ▌

━︎━︎━︎━︎𝐀 𝐅𝐄𝐖 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒 later, Juniper was let go from the hospital wing. The first thing that Juniper did was make her way to Remus' office. She made her way up the steps, gently knocking on the door before peeking her head inside to see Remus. Everything was packed and a frown pulled on her face. "You going somewhere?"

     Remus looked up at the sound of Juniper's voice. He'd felt nothing but regret, he couldn't face her. He knew what he'd done, he knew the scars that were going to be permanently on her body. "Yes. Snape's told everyone about what I am, and the letters have already started coming in, so I'm preparing my leave."

     "He had no right." Juniper snarled, crossing her arms and shaking her head. "That was your secret, you should've been able to keep it. I hate that man."

     Remus looked at her and shook his head. "I don't understand."

     Juniper cocked her head slightly. "Understand what?" He opened his mouth, trying to find the right words, but Juniper knew what he was thinking. She hummed. "You thought I would hate you. Look at you differently." Remus said nothing. Juniper moved closer to him. "Remus, you're my family. I don't think of you any different. You practically helped mom raise me, I owe you everything."

      Remus was upset with himself, upset he'd hurt his own god-daughter. "I hurt you."

     "I know, I was there." She felt pain run through her scars. "I have the marks to prove it. But what can I say? They're pretty cool scars. I officially have a battle story."

     "Juniper, this isn't fun and games."

     "No, it isn't." Juniper agreed. "But you know what it also isn't? Your fault. Remus, you can't help what happened to you way back when. I don't blame you at all. You're not a monster, Remus. You're a man, a respectable one at that, that simply didn't have a choice." Juniper walked behind his desk. "You're still my Uncle. The person I look up to. I love you and nothing is ever going to change that. You were a father when I didn't have one. Sirius may be back and innocent, but I don't fully know him, so you're still the closest thing to a father that I have. Please, don't push yourself away from me because of what happened. I need you in my life, okay? I don't have a lot of people in my life, but you're one of them and you're one of the important ones." Juniper shook her head. "You can't abandon me."

     "I'd never abandon you." Remus denied, engulfing her into a hug. "I love you, Juno. So much."

     Juniper smiled, hugging him tighter. "I love you too, Rem." She pulled away and looked up at him, smiling. "I'm gonna miss having you as a teacher, you know? You're the best one yet. I could be a little biased though."