CLOSING TRACK / COME WHAT MAY.

Start from the beginning

"Hun. . . If you want to quit the band, I'd rather you do it than be unhappy by sticking with it."

Eddie sighed. "I just don't want to disappoint you."

She shook her head. "You wouldn't. You're talking to the person who gave up something she once loved because it was ruined for her. If anything, I understand what you're going through. If you want to walk away from the band, I'll stand by your side and support whatever you want to do. Just know I'll be waiting for you when you get home."

( ODETTE: I wasn't surprised when the band broke up. I knew that Eddie wanted to leave it all behind once the tour finished. What I didn't expect was it to be a show later.

INTERVIEWER: How much do you know about what happened?

ODETTE: Pieces. Daisy was the first person I heard from that night. . . )

"Daisy, what's going on?"

"I just wanted to call you before I went to rehab," she admitted. "I've just. . . Come to realise some things─"

"You don't need to explain it to me, I'm just glad that you're getting clean."

"Thanks, Dette. I'm leaving tonight, I just want to tell you and if you could pass over Ivy a message."

"Of course."

"I know she's heard it enough, but I just wanted her to know that I'm sorry for what I said in Greece and. . . I hope that maybe once I'm clean, we can talk properly."

"I'll let her know."

"Thank you, for that and for everything."

"Just promise me one thing."

"Anything."

"Don't be a stranger after."

"Wouldn't dream of it."

( ODETTE: Then Eddie. . . )

"I'm coming home."

"Tonight?"

"Yeah. . . Sweetheart. . . I can't do this anymore and I don't care if I'm going to be the one responsible for breaking up the band─"

"You won't be," she interrupted. "Daisy called me, she's leaving for rehab tonight. The band is already done."

"I'm getting on a plane tonight."

"Do you want me to pick you up?"

"I'll call a cab, it's okay."

It was late when he walked through the door, Odette laid on the couch, a movie playing on the television that she was no longer paying attention to as she had fallen asleep. Something that was unintentional on her part. But the moment she felt a hand upon her cheek, her eyes opened.

While he had been gone, she had dreamed of Eddie often, of him being there, and for a moment, she thought it was another. But as she continued to blink herself awake, reality struck and pulled herself out of it. The moment she was, she was upright and wrapped her arms around him, holding him close, and when his arms went around her waist, the apartment felt like home again.

Odette didn't push for answers, especially not when she already suspected what he would say. Instead, she skirted around the topic. Grabbing him by the hand and dragging him to bed where they fell asleep in each other's arms.

They didn't talk about it the next morning, not with Eddie sleeping in and not with Odette knowing that she had to talk to Ivy. Leaving him a note and pressing a kiss to his forehead before she left.