Yolo 🥳

Alyssa In The MM

"I need to start living my life instead of watching it blow right past me"

Friday August 11, 2019
Alyssa's Apartment
Bronx, NY

Alyssa stared off absentmindedly while sporting a full glass of wine and Tems 'Free Mind' played lowly in the background. Her life playing before her eyes as if she was watching a movie , leaving her in a state of loneliness.

At the age of 26 Alyssa had no children, no husband, and no stamps on her passport. Her entire life was dedicated to work, she was in school from the ages of 3-23 then entered the police academy and fought hard to become the respected agent that she is.

She's only been in one committed relationship that left her broken-hearted and from then on she vowed to never give a man her heart unless he earned it.

The sound of her phone ringing broke her out of her thoughts , shuffling to answer a small smile formed as her two besties were group FaceTiming her.

As soon as the call connected all Alyssa heard was "Heyy bitchh" "Waddup hoe" which made her bust out laughing.

"Ya'll are so damn ghetto" she screeched.

Shanay and Romeo have been her bestfriends since middle school , Nay and Alyssa became friends first and once Romeo was transferred the girls quickly adopted him into the duo making them a trio.

Shanay is loud , blunt , and very abrasive whereas Alyssa is more soft-spoken , assertive, and nonchalant making them polar opposites ; Romeo is a mixture of both so they all mesh perfectly.

"Oh girl whatever, what we doing today ? It's our day off and Nay not on mommy duties , I'm ready to get TURNT" Romeo exclaimed.

He was a nurse working in New-York Presbyterian Hospital and Nay was a stay at home mom of a 2 year old named Malani so it was very rare they all was available on the same day.

"Exactly I'm trying to be outside looking for the hoochie daddies" Nay huffed.

Both Romeo and Alyssa gave her the illest side eye she always saying some crazy shit. "Girl, one day Malcolm is going to catch your ass and I don't want to be there when he do" Alyssa replied.

Malcolm is Shanay's husband and Malani's father ; he's a sports analyst which brings in a lot of money and gives Shanay the luxury of being a stay at home mom in a high-rise apartment in Manhattan with round the clock butlers and maids. So yeah she's getting the side eye right now.

"Bitch only way he find out is if one of you hoes say something but please TRUST when I say that man ain't worried about me". Their relationship was a very weird one and Shanay wasn't exactly forthcoming when it came to telling her friends about the issues in her marriage.

Alyssa didn't want to put a damper on the mood so she changed the subject , " I was just thinking how I'm letting my job take over my life and I'm just letting it fly past me so I am with ALL antics tonight" !

Nay and Romeo wore shocked faces , they thought they were going to have to beg, plead, and grovel to get her to come out. "

Oh fix your faces , y'all act like I never want to come out " "YOU DON'T" they yelled in unison. She rolled her eyes "well bitches today is the day."

"Yeah today is the today you let us find you some new dick to sit on" again she rolled her eyes , "now you know she still dick dumb behind this married man." Alyssa's eyes could've fell out her eye sockets because of how hard she rolled them ... again.

"They're separated but I'm going to shower and get dressed, text me where we're going and what time we're leaving" she replied curtly and before they could respond they were met with the "dododo" sound

Alyssa hated when her friends brought up her situationship with her ex partner/coworker Mario Delacruz.

Coming into the police academy together, being stationed at the same prescient then put together as partners they were very close. Their relationship started off platonic and stated that way until it didn't. They never put a title on things but imagine Alyssa's surprise when she received an invitation to his wedding in 2018. After 9 months of having unprotected sex, dinner dates , brunch dates , state trips etc he just popped out with a wife. Instead of going off on him , slashing his tires and brining his house down like she wanted to ... she just took the L of course didn't attend the wedding.

She cut all outside of work ties with him and kept it strictly professional... up until a couple months ago. He came to her doorstep with deep regret & apologies and told her he missed his friend , she too had missed their friendship so she accepted him back with open arms but stood ten toes down on no sex. Until .. they went to dinner with coworkers, got drinks in their system and after he revealed that him and his wife were separated they ducked in the back of his truck in the parking lot of the restaurant and have been messing around since. In her mind it isn't an affair because they're separated.

Alyssa has a lot of all of accolades but she's missing self-love hence why it's so easy to accept the bare minimum. As she got up to head to the shower she text Mario.

A💜- I'm going out with Selena & Romeo , should I be expecting you tonight ?
Sent 4:25 pm

Baby💍- Nah. I'm got some shit to handle with Anya today.
Received 4:37 pm

A💜- Like what ? I thought you served her already 🙄
Read 4:45 pm

Alyssa threw her phone down as she groaned out loud , she was determined to not let Mario's bullshit ruin her night.

Characters Mentioned:

Mario Delacruz
Alyssa's Coworker/Lover

Mario Delacruz Alyssa's Coworker/Lover

How y'all feeling the first chapter??

Vote , Comment & Share !