❝︎CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN❞︎

▌𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 ━︎━︎ 𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐰 ▌

━︎━︎━︎━︎𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐒 𝐎𝐅 Ron's screams echoed from the hole. Hermione and Harry stood up, joining Juniper who was staring at the moving limbs of the tree. They ran towards the tree, determined to get to Ron. The tree threw it's limbs at them, trying to keep them away. They were so close to the hole when a limb came flying towards them. Hermione and Juniper ducked but Harry stood there and the tree limb came towards him, hitting him aside and knocking his glasses off. Hermione and Juniper stood back up, quickly jumping over another limb. Before Juniper could react another limb came flying and hit Hermione but she grabbed onto it, swinging around with the tree.

     "Hermione!" Juniper yelled her name before letting out a yelp of surprise when the tree limb came flying towards her. Clenching her jaw, Juniper reluctantly let it hit her but grabbed onto it so she could stay on the limb. Her stomach ached with the pain of impact, but she brushed it off. there was going to be a bruise there for sure. Hermione was letting out screams and Juniper was just trying to protect her face whilst Harry kept getting attacked. Hermione yelled his name, making the boy look up blindly.

He grabbed his glasses, standing up. The limb Hermione was on came towards him and she reached out, grabbing onto his shirt and pulling him with her. Hermione threw him into the hole and then jumped off and went flying in herself. Juniper muttered curses under her breath before jumping from the limb and sliding into the hole. She landed with a grunt, her head slamming onto the ground. A groan left her lips as she felt her vision blur. Harry and Hermione quickly rushed over to her, pulling the girl up from the ground.

     "Why does everything keep trying to kill us?" Juniper ranted. "First a teacher, then a giant snake and diary, and now a tree. A tree!"

     "You done?" Hermione asked. Juniper nodded. She sighed, brushing dirt from Juniper's shoulders. They were in a tunnel, a long dark tunnel. "Where do you suppose this goes?"

     "I have a hunch." Harry answered. "I just hope I'm wrong."

     Juniper looked at him expectantly. "Care to elaborate?" Harry and Hermione kept walking. "No? Alright. That's cool. I'll just figure it out myself." Juniper stepped forwards, almost tripping on a step. "Who puts steps in a tunnel?" She continued to complain to herself before they found an open hatch. Harry went in first.

     He climbed out from the hatch, pulling Hermione up and then Juniper. They were in a shack, a very dilapidated one. Hermione sighed. "We're in the shrieking shack, aren't we?"

     Juniper's eyes suddenly brightened. "Really?" She looked around, letting out a low whistle. "Place looks like shit."

     "What were you expecting? Polished furniture?" Hermione remarked.