THE ONE WITH THE EVIL ORTHODONTIST

Start from the beginning

"What are you looking at me for? I didn't know that." Chandler cringes.

˖ ࣪✦ : ✧・゚˖ ࣪✦ : *✧・

CHANDLER RAN INTO the apartment where the rest of us, minus Rachel were sitting around the coffee table, "Can I use your phone?"

"Yeah.. uh, but for future reference, that thing in your
hand can also be used as a phone." Monica handed him the phone.

Chandler dials his own phone, it rings, "Yes, it's working! Why isn't she calling me back?"

"Maybe she never got your message." Joey suggested.

Phoebe looks up, "Y'know, if you want, you can call her machine, and if she has a lot of beeps, that means she probably didn't get her messages yet."

"Y'don't think that makes me seem a little..." Chandler trails off.

"...desperate, needy, pathetic?" Ross finished.

"Ah, you obviously saw my personal ad." Chandler dials the phone then quickly closes it.

"How many beeps?" Phoebe asks.

"She answered." Chandler panicked.

I turned around to look at him, "Y'see, this is where you'd use that 'hello' word we talked about.

Chandler walked around the couch and sat next to me, "I'm not gonna talk to her, she obviously got my message and is choosing not to call me. Now I'm needy and snubbed. God, I miss just being needy."

Rachel walks into the apartment, Phoebe asks, "How'd he take it?"

"Pretty well, actually..." she wanders to the kitchen.

Monica wanders after her, "Uh, Rach... how come you have dental floss in your hair?"

"Oh, do I?" Rachel acted clueless.

"Uh huh." Monica crosses her arms.

"...We ended up having sex in his chair." Rachel said in a low voice:

"You had SEX in his CHAIR?!" Monica shouted causing the rest of us to turn to them, "I said that a little too loudly, didn't I?"

"You- you had what?" Ross repeated.

Phoebe repeated it for him, "Sex in his chair."

"What, uh... what were you thinking?" Ross stands up.

"I don't know! I mean, we still care about each other.
There's a history there. it's like you and Carol." Rachel defended.

"No! No no, it is nothing like me and Carol!" Ross argues.

"Please. If she said to you, "Ross, I want you on this couch,
right here, right now", what would you say?" Rachel points to the couch as Ross flounders.

"If it helps, I could slide over." Chandler moved to the other side of the couch from me.

"It's, it's, it's, uh, a totally diferent situation! It's,
it's apples and oranges, it's, it's orthodontists and
lesbi- I gotta go." Ross grabs his coat.

"Where are you going?" I ask.

"I just have to go, all right? Do I need a reason? Huh? I mean I have things to do with my life, I have a jam packed schedule, and I am late- for keeping up with it. Okay?" Ross left the apartment as the phone rings causing Chandler dives over me for the phone.

"Hello? Hello?" Chandler yells into the phone.

I push him off, "Jesus- are you trying to break every bone in my body? I'm a tiny woman for god sakes."