THE ONE WITH THE EVIL ORTHODONTIST

Start from the beginning

"Funny of you to assume I didn't know that because of School house Rock." I joked.

Chandler laughed, "Hey Rach!"

"How'd it go?" Monica asked.

"Y'know, it was, uh.. it was actually really great. He took
me to lunch at the Russian Tea Room, and I had that chicken, where y'know you poke it and all the butter squirts out..." Rachel smiled.

"Not a good day for birds..." Phoebe added.

"Then we took a walk down to Bendall's, and I told him not
to, but he got me a little bottle of Chanel..." Rachel showed us the bottle.

Ross let out a fake laugh, "That's nice... now, was that before or after you told him to stop calling, stop sending you flowers and to generally leave you alone, hmm?"

"Right,.. well,.. we never actually got to that... Oh, it was
just so nice to see him again, y'know? It was comfortable,
it was familiar... it was just nice!" Rachel motioned with her hands.

Ross let out a nervous laugh, "That's, that's nice twice!"

"Rachel, what's going on? I mean isn't this the same Barry
who you left at the altar?" I tried to Gigi out what was going on in her head.

"Duh, where've you been?" Joey said like it was the most obvious thing causing me to glare at him.

"Yeah, but it was different with him today! And he wasn't,
like, Orthodontist Guy, y'know? I mean, we had fun! Is there anything wrong with that?"  Rachel explained

Ross prompts Chandler by hitting him on the arm, "Yes!"

"Why?" Rachel asks.

"I have my reasons." Chandler says nervously.

Monica sighs, "Okay, how about the fact that he's engaged to another woman, who just happens to be your ex- best friend?"

"All right. All right all right all right all right, I know
it's stupid! I will go see him this afternoon, and I will
just put an end to it!" Rachel makes up her mind

˖ ࣪✦ : ✧・゚˖ ࣪✦ : *✧・

LATER THAT DAY, Chandler read from a script he wrote himself on the phone, "Oh, Danielle! I wasn't expecting the machine... Give me a call when you get a chance." He rattles some dishes, "Bye bye." He hangs up, "Oh God!"

"That's what you've been working on for the past two hours?!" I scolded him.

"Hey, I've been honing!" Chandler argued.

Ross took a sip from his soda, "What was with the dishes?"

"Oh, uh.. I want her to think I might be in a restaurant..
y'know? I might have some kind of life, like I haven't
been sitting around here honing for the past few hours." Chandler sighed.

"Look look! He's doing it again, the guy with the telescope!" Monica pointed out the window.

"Oh my God! Go away! Stop looking in here!" Phoebe waves at the window.

"Great, now he's waving back." Monica sighs.

"Man, we gotta do something about that guy. This morning,
I caught him looking into our apartment. It creeps me out! I
feel like I can't do stuff!" Joey complains.

"What kinda stuff..?" Monica said suggestively.

Joey crossed his arms, "Will you grow up? I'm not talking about sexy stuff, but, like, when I'm cooking naked."

"You cook naked?" Phoebe asks.

"Yeah, toast, oatmeal... nothing that spatters." Joey says as we all pause and look at Chandler.