THE ONE WITH ALL THE POKER

Start from the beginning

Ross laughed, "Uhhhh... Joey cried last night."

"Thank you." Joey says with an annoyed tone.

"So what? Who doesn't cry every once in a while." I shrug.

"We were playing poker, alright..." Chandler puts his hands on my shoulders.

"There was chocolate on the three. It looked like an
eight, alright?" Joey interrupted.

"Oh, guys, you should've seen him. 'Read 'em and weep.'" Ross mimicked the movements of dropping cards.

"And then he did." Chandler laughed.

"Well, now, how come you guys have never played poker with us?" Rachel asks.

"Yeah, what is that? Like, some kind of guy thing?
Like, some kind of sexist guy thing? Like it's poker,
so only guys can play?" Phoebe buts in.

"No, women are welcome to play." Ross stated innocently.

"Oh, OK, so then what is it? Some kind of... you know,
like, like... some kind of, y'know, like... alright, what is it?" Phoebe stutters.

"There just don't happen to be any women in our games." Chandler sits on the arm rest next to me.

"Yeah, we just don't happen to know any women that know how to play poker." Joey adds.

"Oh, yeah, right." I reply.

"Oh, please, that is such a lame excuse! I mean, that's a typical guy response." Monica adds.

Ross interrupts, "Excuse me, do any of you know how to play?"

"No." Us girls all say in unison.

"But you could teach us." Rachel adds.

"No." The guys say in unison.

I sigh, "Don't worry gals, they'll cave in once I threaten  to stop going to Chandler and Joey's movie nights."

˖ ࣪✦ : ✧・゚˖ ࣪✦ : *✧・

WE ALL SAT around the table as Chandler taught the next step, "OK, so now we draw cards."

"So I wouldn't need any, right? Cause I have a straight." Monica shows Chandler her cards.

'Oh, good for you!' And 'Congratulations!' Were said by the girls.

The microwave timer goes off causing Monica to get up, Chandler turns to Phoebe, "OK Phoebs, how many do you want?"

"OK, I just need two... the, um, ten of spades and the six of clubs." Phoebe answers.

"No. No, uh, Phoebs? You can't--you can't do--" Ross tries to interfere.

"Oh wait, I have the ten of spades! Here!" Rachel gives Phoebe her card.

Ross sighs, "No, no. Uh... no, see, uh, you-you can't do that."

"Oh, no no no no no no, that's OK, I don't need them. I'm going for fours." Rachel reassures.

"Oh, you're..." Ross gives up.

"Chandler, what the hell are we talking about?" I ask.

"I- we just covered this." Chandler sighed as Monica came back with a plate of food.

"Alright, here we go. We've got salmon roulettes and assorted crudités." Monica set the plate down.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, Monica, what're you doin'? This is a poker game. You can't serve food with more than one
syllable. It's gotta be like chips, or dip, or pretz--" Joey makes a face of realization.