THE ONE WITH THE STONED GUY

Start from the beginning

MONICA WAS MAKING me, Rachel, Joey, and Phoebe try her food. "OK, try this salmon mousse."

"Mmmm. Good." Joey complimented.

"Is it better than the other salmon mousse?" Monica asks.

"It's creamier." Joey adds.

"Monica is starting to get impatient, "Yeah, well, is that better?"

"I don't know. We're talking about whipped fish, Monica. I'm just happy I'm keeping it down, y'know?" Joey says as Chandler angrily kicks open the door. His clothes are askew, and he looks beat.

"My God! What happened to you?" I ask.

"Eight and a half hours of aptitude tests, intelligence tests, personality tests... and what do I learn?" He taps the results, "You are ideally suited for a career in data processing for a large multinational corporation."

"That's so great! 'Cause you already know how to do that!" Phoebe smiled.

"Can you believe it? I mean, don't I seem like somebody who should be doing something really cool? You know, I just always pictured myself doing... something." Chandler says looking defeated.

"Oh Chandler, I know, I know..." I put my arm around him to comfort him, "oh, hey! You can see your nipples through this shirt!"

Chandler sighs, "that's great"

Monica brings a plate of tiny appetizers over, "Hey, maybe this'll cheer you up."

"Ooh, you know, I had a grape about five hours ago, so
I'd better split this with you." Chandler says.

"It's supposed to be that small. It's a pre-appetizer. The French call it an amuse-bouche." Monica smiles.

"Well.... it is amouz-ing..." Chandler makes a pun as Monica hands him the plate.

As the phone rings I grab Chandlers forearm, "c'mon

"Where are we going?" He follows closely behind me.

"I have something for you." I rip a page out of my sketchbook, it's a picture of the cat I drew earlier but I redrew it and made it bigger.

Chandler takes the drawing, he looks at it in amazement, "how long did this take you?"

"Uh- an hour? Maybe 30 minutes?" I guess.

"thank you, I'll hang it up in my room later." Chandler side hugs me as we rejoin the conversation.

"Ten dollars an hour for what?" Rachel asks as Monica got off the phone.

"Oh, I asked one of the waitresses at work if she'd help me out." Monica explained.

"Waitressing?" Rachel said hurt.

"Uh-oh." Joey mumbles.

"Well... of course I thought of you! But... but..." Monica uncomfortably shifted.

"But, but?" Rachel repeated.

"But, you see, it's just... this night has to go just perfect, you know? And, well, Wendy's more of a...professional waitress." Monica adds.

"Oh! I see. And I've sort of been maintaining my
amateur status so that I can waitress in the Olympics." Rachel says annoyed.

"You know, I don't mean to brag, but I waited tables at
Innsbruck in '76." Chandler says as Rachel death glares him, "Amouz-bouche?" He holds out the plate.

˖ ࣪✦ : ✧・゚˖ ࣪✦ : *✧・

CHANDLER WAS SHOWING me and Phoebe around his new office, "Well?" Chandler asks.

"Wow! It's huge! It's so much bigger than the cubicle. Oh, this is a cube." Phoebe exclaims.

"Look at this!" Chandler opens the curtain to a view of New York City.

"Oh! You have a window!" Phoebe smiles.

"This would be a great painting" I add.

"Yes indeedy!" Chandler says as we all look outside, "With a beautiful view of..."

"Oh look! That guy's peeing!" Phoebe points.

"That would not be a good painting." I say as Chandler puts his hand on my shoulder.

"OK, that's enough of the view. Check this out, look at this. Sit down, sit down." Chandler pats the seat excitedly as he sits at his desk, "This is great!" he presses a button on his intercom, "Helen, could you come in here for a moment?"

An unamused woman walks into the office.

"Thank you Helen, that'll be all. Last time I do that, I promise." Chandler apologizes.

I laugh, "so do you feel like Brantley Foster, yet?"

"Who?" Chandler asks.

"Brantley Foster? From "The Secret of My Success" y'know? Micheal J. Fox?" I try to get the picture in his head.

"Right! Yeah- you and your Michael J. Fox obsession. I guess I do feel like him." Chandler taps his fingers on the desk.

˖ ࣪✦ : ✧・゚˖ ࣪✦ : *✧・

THE WHILE GANG except Chandler sat around the table listening to the story about the Restaurant owner who was high.

"What a tool!" Joey comforts.

"You don't want to work for a guy like that." Rachel adds.

"I know... it's just... I thought this was, you know... it." Monica sighs.

"Look, you'll get there. You're an amazing chef." Ross smiles.

"Yeah- you make food that is to die for." I pat her shoulder.

"Yeah! You know all those yummy noises? I wasn't faking." Phoebe says, "You guys wanna try and catch a late movie or something?"

"Maybe, but shouldn't we wait for Chandler?" Rachel adds.

"Yeah, where the hell is he?" I look at my watch.

˖ ࣪✦ : ✧・゚˖ ࣪✦ : *✧・

CHANDLER CAME HOME from work late due to a phone call about WENUS.

"I mean it was like I was a whole different person, Ella! I was yelling, and-" I cut him off.

I laughed, "I get the picture"