THE ONE WITH THE MONKEY

Beginne am Anfang

We all cheer enthusiastically.

"Phoebe, you're on." Rachel says as she walks to the stage and says into the microphone, "Okay, hi. Ladies and gentlemen, back by popular demand, Miss Phoebe Buffay. Wooh!"

Phoebe takes the mic, "Thanks, hi. Um, I wanna start with a song that means a lot to me this time of year." Phoebe shakes a bell as an introduction, "I made a man with eyes of coal And a smile so bewitchin', How was I supposed to know That my mom was dead in the kitchen?
La lalala la la la la lalala la la..."

˖ ࣪✦ : ✧・゚˖ ࣪✦ : *✧・

IT FEELS LIKE an hour has passed, Phoebe is still singing, all of us are totally depressed by now.

Phoebe singing, "...My mother's ashes Even her eyelashes Are resting in a little yellow jar, And sometimes when it's breezy..."

There is two customers who are having a loud conversation while Phoebe is singing.

Phoebe singing, "...I feel a little sneezy And now I-" Phoebe abruptly stops, "Excuse me, excuse me! Yeah, noisy boys! Is it something that you would like to share with the entire group?"

One of the men speak up, "No. No, that's- that's okay."

"Well, c'mon, if it's important enough to discuss while I'm playing, then I assume it's important enough for everyone else to hear!" Phoebe scolds.

Chandler quietly speaks to us, "That guy's going home with a note!"

"Noth- I was- I was just saying to my-" the guy stuttered.

"Could you speak up please?" Phoebe speaks into the mic.

The guy stands up and speaks louder, "Sorry, I wa- I was just saying to my friend that I thought you were the most beautiful woman that I'd ever seen in my- in my life. And then he said that- you said you thought

"Daryl Hannah." The guy sitting down said.

"Daryl Hannah was the most beautiful woman that he'd ever seen in his life and I said yeah, I liked her in Splash, a lot, but not so much in- in Wall Street, I thought she had kind of a..." the man in the green sweater explained nervously.

"Hard quality." The man sitting down added.

"-hard quality. And uh, while Daryl Hannah is beautiful in a conventional way, you are luminous with a kind of a delicate grace. Then, uh, that-that-that's when you started yelling." The man sits back down.

"Okay, we're gonna take a short break." Phoebe goes over to there table.

"Hey, that guy's going home with more than a note!" Joey jokes.

I laugh as I stand up, "I'm gonna get a coffee."

"Y'know what, I'll come with you." Chandler stands up and follows me to the counter.

Chandler and Ella order their coffee's and are waiting for Gunter to make them.

"Hey, I like your sweater. Is it new?" I point to Chandler's sweater.

Chandler looks down at his sweater, obviously not expecting the compliment, "oh, thanks. It is new, I got it last week when Rachel forced me to go shopping with her."

I smile, "so did you or Rachel pick it out?"

"Me? What do you not think I can pick out my own clothes?" Chandler acts offended.

"No! I was just asking. I've been shopping with Rachel before, I know how she is." I reply.

Chandler chuckles, "I'm just messing with you. Thank you again."