"I think he has the nose of his father!" Viserys softly laughed as he looked at Laenor, then back to Joffrey. Laenor chuckled at the king's remark. Alicent turned to Rhaenyra, clearly uncomfortable and enjoying the situation.

Aelya kept silent, observing from the background and picking up on the hidden messages exchanged between the other members of the room.

It was clear that they all were aware of the true parentage of Rhaenyra's children, but Viserys either didn't seem to notice or didn't care about the obvious physical differences.

"If you don't mind, Majesty," Laenor said, "Your daughter has done a great job and should rest in bed." The king acknowledged the statement with a nod, passing the baby to Alicent. This made Rhaenyra stand up, clearly not liking Alicent holding her newborn baby. Aelya was quick to walk over and help the princess, sensing her discomfort as she watched her son in Alicent's arms.

As the queen walked away with the baby, Laenor followed after her. Viserys walked over to Rhaenyra, gently caressing her face. "You did a great job," he said. "I hope the birth was easy."

Rhaenyra didn't reply at first, still looking over at her baby in Alicent's arms. She was clearly uncomfortable, but didn't want to cause a scene in front of everyone. After a moment, she responded to Viserys,"I think I called a whore to a maiden," Aelya and Viserys both laughed slightly at her words, finding the slip of the tongue amusing. Rhaenyra smiled softly and leaned over to kiss her father's cheek and hug him.

Aelya stood up next to them, smiling slightly and observing their interaction with a soft smile on her face. After a few moments, Rhaenyra turned to look at Joffrey, who now was being holded by Laenor.

She walked towards him as Alicent walked to her husband with a slightly proudly and fake smile in her face. Aleya observed their interaction, until Viserys talked. "Aleya, may you accompany my daughter and her husband. Oh, and If you have time, your father wanted to have a few words with you."

Alicent turned to see Viserys and Aleya with a tinge of anger, but she did her best to hold back her emotions and display a fake smile towards the red-haired girl. Aleya nodded and started to walk away with Rhaenyra and Laenor.

They made their way through the doors, Aelya helping Rhaenyra as she walked, while Laenor held the tiny body of Joffrey in his arms.

"Aelya, you don't have to come with us," Rhaenyra said sweetly, "I'm fine." Aleya offered her reassurance and a soft smile. "It's fine, Nyra," she said. "I may say that I prefer serving you than being next to Alicent." She laughed softly and walked with the couple once again.

Rhaenyra stopped and looked at Aelya, her purple eyes meet the woman's blue eyes. She was serious with her words, wanting to make sure that Aelya wasn't put in an uncomfortable position or put in harm's way, when the newborn was meant to meet her real father. The red-haired knew what she meant with that look.

Aelya knew this to be true, and she kissed Rhaenyra's cheek and offered her reassurance. "Call me if you need anything, after all I'm still your friend," she said.

Rhaenyra smiled and hugged Aelya before starting to walk again with Laenor by her side.

Aleya watched them leave, waiting a few seconds to allow them their privacy before starting to walk back across the hall.

She found herself gazing down at her fingers as they fidgeted with her rings. Eventually, she looked up once again and met Ser Criston's gaze as he stood before the doorway to the king and queen's rooms.

He must have been watching her for quite some time, as he had been there since she had left. Her heart started to race and her face turned bit red as she felt the heat of his eyes upon her, wondering if he had been watching her for longer than she had imagined.