S4E3

Reading time: 14 minutes

Warning: a bit of swearing, anxiety, my headcanons, my grammar
TW:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Holy. Shit.

Whoever came up with a rock bed was a psychopath.

After getting back to your (Cole's) room you found out Kiko was there waiting for you. You blinked, how the hell did he get here?

You tried not to think about it and get some sleep, which was a fucking nightmare with a bed made out of rocks!!

You and your boyfriend decided to sleep on the floor, he was so sweet and allowed you to make your own personal pillow out of him. Kiko, in his usual fashion, jumped at the both of you and laid down, it actually wasn't that bad.

Nothing could compare to the rock bed.

You were rather grumpy as you all gathered in the dining area to talk about what you saw yesterday. Raven being who-knows-where doing who-knows-what.

"The. Fuck?" Cole narrowed his eyes staring at the blue ninja, who was wearing a bathrobe, a tray full of creamy biscuits in his hands. You blinked, what did they put in your food?

"Don't look at me? I've already moved on"

"Your opponent got himself kicked out!"

"No, Kai kicked him out" Jay smirked, almost too happy with that. "Either way, it's my day off"

"Day off?" You deadpanned while Kiko made a confused noise. You had no energy for this shit right now...

You changed the topic, moving on with your day. Just as you finished eating Chen's voice came from the intercom, "The Tournament of Elements continues. Fun time! Would the following Masters please make their way to their assigned arena? Speed, Gravity, Smoke, Nature, Mind, oh, and last and hopefully not least..."

"Huh, maybe we all got the day off" Jay smiled.

"...Fire!" You and Kai gasped while the dragonling growled, all of you looked at each other with worry, you finally being more alive than dead. "Remember, only one can remain" Chen giggled, which sounded a little crazy, as per usual.

"Or not..."

Cole looked between all of you, then took a deep breath. "...Okay, let's not panic, Kai got this!"

"O-of course he does!" You stuttered, but it seem to come off rather confident as the mentioned boy smiled at you.

"Hell yeah, I do!"

"That's what I like to hear!" Cole thrown his hands around the both of you and gave you a side hug, which Kiko quickly joined. Jay only stared.

***

All day you were at the verge of having another breakdown, wondering how Kai's fight would end. Angelo and Echo sat next to you at every fight, the former's two friends not showing up to watch at all. When the time came your teammate and his opponent were directed to stand at the opposite ends of hanging bridge, right over a lava pool, the Jadeblade in the middle.

"Kai, Master of Fire, versus Ash, Master of Smoke... Fight!"

The two immediately run at each other. Kai was the first one to thrown a punch, it turned out to be futile as the man turned into smoke, that's probably because it was his element. Ash picked the blade with his foot and threw it up, but before he could catch it Kai tackled him. The Jadeblade fell onto one of the rocks under the bridge, the two quickly looked down after it. Ash was faster this times, as he immediately turned into smoke and passed the red ninja. Kai turned to him and shoot at him with fire.