You Were Made For Me, As I Was For You (Aegon Only Ending)

Start from the beginning

During most of her travels, Visaera had been lucky to be hosted with many of the great families in the free cities, all of them thrilled to have a Targaryen, and a dragon, among their company. When she hadn't been lucky enough to have a host, Visaera had worked for room and board in taverns and gardens alike. Without anyone to cling to; to rely on, Visaera had become an entirely different person than she had been at the end of the war.

Visaera didn't bother to stop at the gate, earning more than a few curious glances from the guards as she strode through the grounds, her silver and scarlet curls trailing behind her. The summer was nearly over, the weather beginning to turn, but the day was sunny, and the gardens were full of courtiers mulling about. Two, in particular, caught her eye and Visaera marched toward them with a grin.

"Aemond Targaryen," she greeted with a wide smile. The prince spun about, and Visaera was happy to see he was still forgoing the eyepatch.

"Visaera Velaryon," he returned, a smirk spreading across his face as he took in the sight of her before he bowed politely.

"Princess," his dark-haired companion dipped into a curtsy.

"This must be Lysarah?" she asked, looking to Aemond, who nodded. "Baela writes about you incessantly. How is our nephew?"

"Cregan says he'll be a knight in no time." Lysarah replied.

"And how long have you been staying here in the keep?"

"Just under a year, princess," she replied.

"No formalities, please," Visaera insisted, "We're practically sisters by marriage and I hear you're betrothed to Aemond... You must call me Vis, as the rest of my family does."

"If that is your wish, pr-Vis." Visaera's smile widened.

"May I have a moment with my uncle, Lysarah?"

"Of course." Lysarah replied with a nod. Visaera began to walk and Aemond fell into step beside her.

"You never replied to my letter..." she offered first.

"No, I... You left rather suddenly, and I know you needed time to heal after...everything. I didn't quite know what to say, I suppose." Aemond confessed to her. She hummed in amusement.

"I suppose you're right," she relented.

"You look well, though, Vis," he told her, noting the flush of her cheeks and the way her skin was glowing in the sunlight. "The time away was clearly good for you."

"It was..." she agreed. They continued to stroll, falling into a comfortable silence. "She's lovely," she said, glancing back at the brunette who was talking animatedly with one of the Baratheon girls.

"Yes, she is..." Aemond agreed, following her gaze and smiling at the Stark girl. "Jealous?" he teased.

"Incredibly," Visaera replied with a dry smile. "Mother told me all about her, of course; she said it's a good match... You're happy?"

"I am." Aemond replied, looking down at her. Visaera had tears in her eyes, but there was no sorrow in them as she stood on her toes and planted a chaste kiss on the corner of his mouth.

"It's good to see you smiling," she told him, "I'm happy for you, Aemond, truly." She meant the words with every ounce of her being. "I've been thinking..." She took hold of his hand and turned it, tracing her finger over his palm and sniffling at the memory. "I'm going to hold you to this..." She looked up at him as a tear finally dripped down her cheek. "When I ascend the throne, I want you on my small council."

"Vis..." He gaped at her.

"You swore, Aemond. You don't have to say anything else." She patted him on the back of the hand, flicked the tear from her cheek, and strode back the way she came. Visaera paused and leaned in, whispering something in Lysarah's ear. His betrothed laughed and then nodded, glancing back at him wit admiration in her eyes.