Something about Wei Ying, hard to pinpoint whether it's his indescribable lotus scent mixed with vanilla, or just the feel of his softness as the first thing in the morning, but he awakens the insatiable need inside Lan Zhan to show him how much he means to him.

They're kissing and kissing, and it seems to go on forever. Each taste, each lick and each careful bite means something different, an outpouring of their feelings. Wei Ying loves Lan Zhan like this, his skin cool and hard under his fingertips, pressing down on him, the weight of his body stirring other parts of himself.

But out of all his emotions, Lan Zhan can clearly smell his sadness. It's bittersweet and full of regrets.

So he doesn't act on his instincts, choosing instead to pull Wei Ying into a tight embrace.

"How is Wei Ying feeling this morning?"

His deep voice rumbles up through his chest to fill Wei Ying's ears. He snuggles even closer, letting his hands caress Lan Zhan's back with soothing warmth under his shirt, which his clever fingers have tugged out of the waistband of his trousers.

"Better." Wei Ying clears his hoarse throat. He still sounds sad, though.

Lan Zhan's hands are already stroking his hair. He loves Wei Ying's hair, it's so silky and wild, heavy and lustrous.

"Mn?" He doesn't believe Wei Ying.

"I am... kind of."

Lan Zhan lets him gather his thoughts.

"You know what the hard part is going to be? Explaining to A-Yuan. What do I even say? And whatever excuse I give him, nothing is going to stop him thinking it's something he's done for them to drop him, just like that. Both Wen Qing and Wen Ning have played such a large part in his life since he was little, and I just don't know how to make any of this easy."

"What about Wen PoPo?"

"See? That's another dilemma. I don't mind if she comes to us, but what if she's babysitting and then Wen Qing turns up? Or Wen Ning? Do you see?" Wei Ying sounds miserable about the whole thing.

What's worse is that Lan Zhan has no perfect answers for him. Nothing he can say to make any of it better for him, or the children.

Their best bet for now is distraction should either of the children mention their aunt or uncle.

It might not be the best solution, but it will work as a temporary one.

***************

After breakfast, Lan Zhan takes Wei Ying back to his apartment.

They still have to pack things away and get their stuff ready for the removal company, plus Lan Zhan wants to make sure that the door to the apartment was fixed, because otherwise the apartment might be empty for completely the wrong reasons.

When he parks the car outside Wei Ying's apartment building, he turns to face Wei Ying and is surprised.

Wei Ying is turning a small key over and over in the palm of his right hand.

"I was thinking, maybe after we're done here, on the way back home, can we make a quick stop at the bus shelter?" He says thoughtfully. "I don't know if they have a time limit for collecting your stuff, and I don't want to risk it."

Lan Zhan covers his hands and squeezes them, nodding. He's out of the car and opening the door for Wei Ying in no time at all.

Memories flood both of them as they enter the building, walking up the four flights of concrete stairs and the warmth it gives them. Lan Zhan had only lived here for three short weeks and still he was filled with sadness at the thought of never coming back here again.