⋆˚✿˖°ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚𝟠⋆˚✿˖°

"So, how did the talk with my dad go last night?" Tsireya asked as the twins and Tuk sat beside her, making friendship bracelets. Ni'la groaned at her friend's words, causing the other girls to laugh while she shot them a glare. "That was the most embarrassing thing I've ever experienced in my life," She mumbled, threading the blue shell into her bracelet.

As Ni'la thought about the conversation that happened a few nights ago, a blush made its way to her cheeks as the conversation between her and Ao'nung flooded her mind.

"Was it that bad? Ao'nung didn't seem too bothered," The Metkayina girl questioned.

"That's because your brother's an asshole," Ni'la grumbled, and Kiri rolled her eyes at her twin's dramatics.

"If he's such an asshole, then why are you with him?" Kiri raised an eyebrow.

Ni'la pursed her lips as she thought about her sister's words. She wasn't sure if she was ready to have this conversation yet, especially since Tuk was present, and she didn't want anything they said in the pod somehow getting back to their Dad. "Okay, fine. Maybe he was a dick when we first got here, but he's sweet once you get to know him," She stated, and Kiri smirked at her sister's response.

Kiri knew within the first couple of days of their arrival that something was going on between Ao'nung and her sister, whether they wanted to admit it or not. The girl had always been able to tell when Ni'la had taken a certain liking to someone, just as Ni'la could do to her.

"But enough about me, what about you and Rotxo?" Ni'la asked, and Kiri could feel blood rush to the tips of her ears.

She knew Ni'la would ask her about Rotxo sooner or later, she was just hoping that it would be later. Yes, Kiri had a crush on Rotxo. He was a kind and caring boy, and he didn't care that she was different.

Of course, Rotxo had made fun of them when they first arrived, but he did apologize for what he said. The Mekayina boy had also taken the time to help Kiri adjust because he saw how she was struggling with the move more than her siblings. He had taught her everything that someone who lived in the Metkayina clan should know, and he took her to find herbs because he knew she was interested in healing people.

"I think I have a crush on him, but I don't want to tell him how I feel," Kiri whispered.

"Why not?" Tsireya questioned.

"I don't think he feels the same way," She said.

"I think he does," Tuk shrugged, causing the teens to look at her. "Rotxo always talks about you when you're not around. He wants to know if you're feeling okay, or if you need anything. He asked me what you like to do in your free time, and if you had a boyfriend back home."

"He asked if I had a boyfriend back home?"

"Yeah, and he asked if you had a favorite flower or snack," Tuk informed, and Ni'la and Tsireya glanced at each other with knowing smiles.

"Why would he ask that?" Kiri asked, confused.

Ni'la rolled her eyes at her sister's unusually oblivious behavior before she spoke, "I'm sure you'll figure it out sooner or later," She smiled.

"I can't believe my two best friends have boys that they like. I don't think any of the boys in the clan are attractive," Tsireay placed her chin on the palm of her hand. The twin girls looked at Tsireya with a 'Really?' look, and she glanced between the two of them as she shyly looked down. "Why are you guys looking at me like that?"

"I seem to remember you gushing about a certain boy. What was his name again, Kiri?" Ni'la teased as Tsireya's eyes widened.

"I know she told us. It's on the tip of my tongue, did it start with an 'N'?" Kiri asked, and her sister shook her head as she narrowed her eyes in concentration.