7 • A Clover Friend 🍀

Start from the beginning

The ride to the fast food place is only a few minutes from the house, thank god.

I blast my music the whole way there to avoid falling asleep behind the wheel. Jade texts me once again what she wants and I say it to the lady working the drive through.

Once the order is complete, I turn around to get to the first window which is where you pay. And then I'm moving forward to the second window to claim the food.

All I can think about is my bed. And sleep. I just want to sleep. But it doesn't stop me from stealing a few of Jade's fries.

As I begin to take off to get on the road again, I have no idea where she even came from. I might of fallen asleep maybe for a second when she covers her eyes from the car lights.

In the blink of an eye I see her face and then the way she fell.

I slam on my breaks and my heart practically jumps out of my chest. I put it in park, and throw my door open, not even bothering to close it as I jog to her. I don't see any blood, and she's completely awake still.

"Holy shit, you almost freaking killed me." She growls, whacking my hand as I tried to help her up. She's a bit disoriented. I suppose from the fucking heart attack I gave her with almost running her over.

She's very young, I can tell from her baby face, this girl has to be at least 16-17 years old.

"I am so...sorry..." I press my hand to my chest while still trying to help her up with my other hand, "are you okay? Does anything hurt?"

"My ass, since I fell on it." She scowls, and dusts off dirt from her outfit. Which was just baggy clothing, sweatpants and a black zip up hoodie which fell to her knees.

"Are you sure you're okay?" The last thing I need is for this incident to find the media, no scratch that the last thing I need is if this girl got seriously hurt.

"I'm fine!" She snaps, and her eyes finally meet mine and her face softens, when she probably realizes who I am, "y-you're that guy on the magazine covers."

I hope she doesn't start screaming. I hope she doesn't take advantage of me just because I have fame and money.

"Listen," I say, "let me get you somewhere safe. Why are you out during these late hours anyway? Shouldn't you be home?"

"Shouldn't you learn how to drive safely?" My questions backfire on me. She's definitely a firecracker. Reminds me of my wife.

I won't reveal that I'm exhausted and driving behind the wheel, she'll just use that as more fuel, "look, do you want something from this place?" I motion the fast food restaurant, her lips are cracked and she doesn't look physically well. The more I look at her.

"A soda wouldn't hurt...and some fries."

She refuses to go in, so I park my car while she waits for me on the curb, and I buy her food. A chicken sandwich, fries and a soda. She didn't ask for the sandwich but I still wanted to redeem myself.

"Thanks," she receives the paper bag and the drink, and proceeds to eat.

I wait for her to finish, I feel bad leaving. She's so young, and by herself this time at night.

"You don't have to babysit me," she blurts out, an amusing smirk on her lips.

"Do you want to call your parents? I can give you a lift home or my phone to use." I offer, she crumbles up the empty bag in her hand and finishes her soda.

It's just us in the parking lot. The cricket in the woods chirping. It's very dark, then again it's a little after midnight.

"If you have the number to the correctional facility, sure." She stands up, and dusts her sweatpants again, "thanks for the food. If you want you can brag all about it in your interviews, I won't mind."