But... before I could talk to him, he had to immediately talk to the detective, leaving no time for me...

So I was vulnerable, with no one to possibly back me up, to cover for me. I should've ran. But I couldn't run. If I had, I would definitely be a villain in the law's eyes.

I had to allow myself to be arrested. I had to get the entire local police precinct's eye on me. Now they're looking into my school life, and are bound to soon find rumors about me, rumors that paint me as an actual villain.

Once that happens, I don't even know what I could do.

I couldn't do anything.

So was the story of my life.

Unable to do anything.

I gritted my teeth in anger and frustration, mostly at myself.

What would mom think if she saw this? The mother who gave up her life to make sure I lived a proper one.

She must be so disappointed...

I allowed for a slight smile to grace my lips, which prompted one of the other aggressors to stomp my face into the wooden tiles below.

I could feel splinters piercing my left cheek and ear. It wasn't enough to draw blood, just enough to induce a perpetual stinging sensation throughout one half of my face.

I winced in pain and discomfort, desperately trying to push myself off of the ground, but I couldn't. Physical strength isn't really my forte. I can't fight back in a one-on-one confrontation even if I wanted to, let alone a whole group hanging up on me.

The insults, derogatory words and terms, phrases and sentences and statements that would make the average citizen's stomachs churn in disgust.

But they were all things I heard before, and they were all things that I was going to continue to hear for the rest of my life.

My breathing quickly turned shaky as my body began to tremble under the pressure and attacks.

But... all I could do was take it.

No one was going to come and help me. No one cared to. The police certainly wouldn't, and neither would the heroes.

It was times like this where I couldn't help but wonder wether or not heroes are as righteous as they advertise.

They certainly don't seem to care about those they hurt the most...

<•——————•>

Detective Tsukaiuchi's POV:

Breaks aren't something I could experience often. Not in this line of work. I often mess with Eraserhead for not getting enough sleep, but nowadays, I honestly feel bad for the man having to put up with my teasing.

Now that I knew what it was like to constantly be in the same state as Eraser, I couldn't blame him for wanting to sleep all day and never have to worry about any more problems.

I took a long, exaggerated sip of my coffee. Not black coffee. I'm not that despicable. Not that much like Eraser.

But I'd likely reach that point soon if these cases don't waver.

We desperately need a breakthrough in the slayer organization case. We aren't making much progress, despite our little victories here and there, as well as a few theories Nezu has come up with.