Chapter 631: Thank You

Start from the beginning

He carefully slipped beneath the blanket. The blanket was very big, so even if she had wrapped herself with a large portion of it, he could still cover himself with it.

After taking a bath, he was wide awake, and so were his senses. He had just gotten into bed and could immediately smell a fresh and elegant scent.

It came from her.

They both slept on their backs. Her breathing was shallow, which made him think that she was asleep. When he moved his body, the woman beside him suddenly reached out and held him, saying in a hoarse voice, "I'm a little tired, so if you're not in a hurry, I hope you can give me some time."

When Qi Lei heard that, he was taken aback. He sat up and looked at her under the dim wall light, only to find that she still had her eyes closed, but he could tell from her trembling hand that was holding on to his wrist lightly.

She was nervous...

Qi Lei could not help laughing out loud when he saw this. His dark eyes were filled with joy. When he saw her expression, he grabbed her slender wrist with his hand and teased, "What if I'm in a hurry?"

Dongfang Liuyun did not reply, but she silently opened her eyes and met his deep gaze. For a long time, she did not say anything and continued to close her eyes in silence. The bedroom was suddenly silent. It was as if the conversation earlier was just casual chatter.

Qi Lei could recognize her exhaustion from her expression, so he smiled and lowered his head to kiss the back of her fair hand lightly before tucking her hand back into the blanket.

"Don't worry. Although I'm not some pure-hearted man, I'm not going to force a woman, especially you who have just become my wife. Rest early and we'll go pick our rings tomorrow."

She could still hear his faint, hoarse voice and feel the slight warmth that seemed to linger on the back of her hand. Dongfang Liuyun was actually still in a daze, but she stayed quiet with her eyes shut as she remained motionless.

After a long time, she did not notice any movement from the person beside her. It seemed like...

At that moment, she opened her eyes and met Qi Lei's deep gaze. After she thought about it, she responded, "Okay."

He raised his eyebrows, and the corners of his mouth curved upwards as he looked at her quietly with his clear eyes. After thinking about it, he said in a gentle tone, "Then, I'd like to have some reassurance first. Today's our wedding night after all."

Dongfang Liuyun looked at him and did not say anything. However, after a while, she closed her eyes again.

Qi Lei let out a light cough and he leaned in silently. His thin, cool lips gently pressed against her rosy pink lips.

It was as soft and elegant as he had imagined, but he also tried his best to control himself.

Just a taste...

The night seemed to have become infinitely short, and it seemed to have been a long time since both of them had gotten a good night's sleep. Their sleep quality that night was rather good.

Dongfang Liuyun was not used to the abrupt existence of a man beside her on the bed, so her consciousness was maintained throughout the whole night. The same went for Qi Lei who had always been a light sleeper. Dongfang Liuyun's sudden appearance actually made him a little uncomfortable. The two laid on their backs quietly.

Listening to her uniform breathing, he seemed to be able to feel the numbing aura that surrounded her. she was as exceptionally cold and indifferent as she usually was, and he could not sense any huge emotional fluctuations from her.