"put a finger down if you've ever gone skinny-dipping at hopper's cove," nicole added.

"sounds like a dare," malanie said.

"absolutely," she replied, making me laugh.

-x-x-x-

all us girls were in the water, laughing with each other. i had forgotten almost everything that had happened in the last couple of days. "mel!" i exclaimed as the girl splashed water at me.

"hey, watch out for jellyfish," gigi screamed from outside. "i do not want to have to pee on any of you guys."

i started to laugh. "we'll be fine," i said.

"the other two girls missed out," melanie said.

"i know," taylor replied.

nicole nodded. "i figured dara wouldn't, but marissa?"

"nicole," gigi called out for the dock.

"yeah?" she replied, turning to look at the girl.

"conrad's texting you," she said.

"okay, coming," nicole says as she swims towards her.

that left the fous of us and we continued to swim. "this is so nice," i said, looking up.

"i have to admit these girls are not as bad as i thought they would be," melanie said.

"yeah, belly. i actually like your friends," taylor added.

"i knew you would!" belly said. i smiled at her.

"i am glad they all seem down with the idea of you and jeremiah," taylor said. "even gigi. whose veins just about exploded when she heard."

we all started to laugh. i noticed a car's headlights turn on and move away from the cove. "these bitches!" i shouted.

"what's happening!" belly asked.

"they took everything with them," i said as i looked at the situation at the dock. "except your phone, belly. which has a text from conrad. an really interesting text."

"what does it say," taylor asked.

"my mom did ask me to ask you to the ball, but that's not why i did it. i did it because i wanted to," i read it out.

"oh my god," she said. i looked at belly and saw her smile. i glanced at melanie and shook my head.

"belly! concentrate!" taylor told her.

i still see the girl grin. "belly!" i said laoudly, bringing her back to reality.

"okay, now what do we do? we can't walk home naked!" melanie said.

"things could be worse," taylor said.

"what could be worse than this?" belly asked, clearly annoyed. she laughed nervously.

i see four towels lying on the pier. "okay," i said. "what about that?"

"no," taylor groans.

-x-x-x-

"this is so bad," belly said softly as the four of us walked on the empty roads, wrapped in the towels

"i knew those girls were shit," taylor said.

"they are dumb bitches," i added. i was still very pissed at those girls.

"okay, i get it," belly said. "you guys were right."

"can't you just call jeremiah," taylor said to her. "we're going to be, like, murdered."

"no. calling him would be too much drama," belly said.

"i can't walk anymore," meanie said.

"we might have to," i said. i was really tired too.

"oh, my god," taylor said. she imitates a dog's howl, making the three of us laugh.

"shut up," belly said, still chuckling.

"no, but this is why conrad's a disaster," taylor said. "like, he's hot and mysterious. you know. i get it. i know. but everything he touches turns to total shit."

belly sighed. "yeah. i don't know why i keep letting him suck me in. it's just like, today, he was like the old conrad and everything, it felt just like it used to. you know?"

"so he's got you back under his spell?" melanie asked. she glaced once at me.

"and then the spell broke, and i realized i literally just kicked jeremiah to the side for him," belly said.

"yeah, you kind of did do that," i said, softly. taylor nodded.

belly stopped and turned towards us, making us stop too. "i used to dream about conrad and imagine what it would be like, and i felt safe. because, you know, it was never gonna come true. he would never feel for me what i feel for him. when jeremiah and i kissed, it was real." melanie looked at me, her face full of concern. I nodded to tell her I was okay. "and real is, like, scary."

"but isn't love supposed to be a little scary?" taylor said.

belly nodded. "yeah, you're right."

"i'm always right, like, 98% of the time at least," taylor laughed.

"just make sure that don't break his heart," i said. "he really likes you bells."

belly gave a small smile. "fine," she said. "i'll call him."

belly called jeremiah and told him where to come and get us. i could only hear her side of the conversation, but i knew he would come to get us. once she kept the phone we sat down, and i was quiet the rest of the time. i had a lot to think about.

after about 10 minutes, i saw jeremiah's car. and condrad's was not far behind. i realised that he had somehow found out about the incident.

"oh my god. are you guys okay?" jeremiah asked, as he approached us. i nodded, getting up from my seat.

"what are you doing here?" taylor asked conrad, who was approaching us with a bag filled with our clothes.

"nicole told me about..." he replied.

"well, she better watch her back," i said. taylor and melanie nodded.

"yeah," conrad said softly. he handed belly the bag of clothes.

"uh, do you want some help?" jeremiah asked. we looked at each other and nodded.

the two held the towel from the edge, looking at the opposite side, while we changed behind the same. we were trying to hurry getting dressed as much as we could. it was tedious to say the least.

"do you guys mind if i go alone with jeremiah," belly whispered, looking at all three of us

"um. yeah sure," i said. i didn't like the idea, but there was not much i could do.

"are you kidding me? yes. thousand percent yes," taylor said.

we finished getting dressed, and i was the first one to go and sit in the back seat of the car conrad was driving, with melanie sitting next to me. taylor got into the passenger seat. i thought i saw jeremiah looking towards us when we got in. but i ignored it, thinking it was probably just in my head.

"it's a crazy night," conrad said with a small smile.

"not the craziest though," i said, looking outside the window. he started the car. i had my eyes closed for the rest of the car ride.

-x-x-x-