Chapter 532: Giving Flowers

Comenzar desde el principio

"Can't I be here? Otherwise, I would've missed that passionate confession. Aren't you happy that you're still popular in the market?" Mu Yuchen looked at her with those deep-set eyes of his.

Xi Xiaye's face turned red as she took a peek outside and felt relieved when there was no one around. She quickly dragged him inside and closed the door.

"It's not a big deal, is it? It's not like it's your first day knowing what he was thinking. We're innocent. Don't overthink in your head...mmm—"

Before Xi Xiaye could explain herself, he grabbed her into his arms and his lips met with hers...

She was stunned for a moment, then she embraced him.

Mu Yuchen stopped after a while and took a deep breath as he put an arm on the wall behind her. "Seems like you enjoy hearing those words, huh?"

"What—" She glanced at him as she wrapped her arms around his waist. "I'd be much happier if you said them to me instead. I've never heard any confession from you although we've been married for so long."

"I did when we just got married and during our wedding," he looked at her and said.

"I don't feel any jealousy from you right now. Isn't it normal for a man to feel jealous in a situation like this? Don't you find me attractive anymore?" Xi Xiaye frowned.

"Nonsense! Do you think Qi Lei would still fall for you if you weren't attractive? Fortunately, he's smart enough to know that he's no match for me, so I'm at ease now. Only people with no confidence would feel jealous, and we already have a son together, so you can't go anywhere."

He chuckled as he acted confidently.

Xi Xiaye seemed slightly defeated. "I realize I'm not as popular anymore ever since we got together. I was one of the most popular ones in Glory World back then..."

Xi Xiaye pushed him back, but he grabbed her even tighter and looked at her with a sharp glance.

"Glory World's beauty, huh? You're already a mother to two sons now. That shouldn't be what you're thinking about. I doubt there'd be any fool who'd try to steal you away from me. I suppose they wouldn't dare to even if they wanted to, or else, I'll make sure they suffer..."

He tightened his grip on her waist.

"You...How can you be like this?"

"Why not? I'm not a good person anyway."

He lowered his head and caught another taste of her lips again. Moments later, he returned to his usual self and walked towards her work desk. Then, he sat down on the chair and flipped through some documents. "Where's our son?"

Xi Xiaye straightened her outfit and pursed her lips before walking over. "I got Aunt Fang to get him something to eat. Why did you come here anyway?"

Mu Yuchen grabbed her hand and she sat down on his lap as she gave him a confused look. "I came to take a look."

Mu Yuchen took a deep breath, still feeling pretty gloomy over what happened with Gu Qiwu that morning. "Have you seen the document from Vice President Zhang Lan?"

"I'm almost done with it. I don't really have any problems..."

Xi Xiaye noticed Mu Yuchen's phone on the table ringing. She took a glance and saw that it was Li Si calling.

"It's me." Mu Yuchen picked up the call.

"Master, I just got a call from the hospital saying that Doris forced them to discharge her, and her lawyer has already lodged a divorce case with the court." Li Si's voice came through.