Chapter 514: Grand Wedding!

Start from the beginning

Mu Yuchen took a deep breath. "They are right. The information left a huge impact on Grandmother."

After that, he instantly hung up on the call.

Xi Xiaye was holding Mu Xiaocheng in her arms as she asked, "What's wrong?"

Mu Yuchen put his phone on the table. "Qi Lei called. Qi Feng's already found out about the relationship between Gu Qiwu and Lingshi. He's worried that we might be in trouble, so he gave me a reminder."

"We can't hide it forever after all..." Xi Xiaye lowered her gaze and mumbled, "What should we do now?"

"Qi Lei's gotten people to monitor them. It's a race of speed right now. I don't want to use extreme measures if I can."

Mu Yuchen suddenly felt a headache coming on.

"They are coming at you with everything they've got. We'll be at a disadvantage if you don't make a move. I just feel sorry for Ah Shi. I never expected her father to be someone like that. How could he treat his daughters so differently? Gu Lingshi could be considerate about Doris, yet he can't be considerate about Aunt?" Xi Xiaye said coldly, there was a sudden knock on the door as well.

"That should be Li Si." Mu Yuchen slowly sat down.

"I'll leave you guys here then. I'll bring this little one to get some food." Xi Xiaye then went into the resting lounge with Mu Xiaocheng.

Mu Yuchen spoke up after he heard the door close, "Come in."

Li Si came in urgently with Ah Mo behind him.

"Master!"

"Brother!"

They stopped right before his table.

"These are what we've prepared. Do you want to take a look?' Li Si then handed a thumb drive to Mu Yuchen, his expression seeming hesitant.

Mu Yuchen took it and then handed it to Ah Mo. "Do you want to watch it? This won't be publicized if either Lingshi or you are against it."

Ah Mo was stunned for a moment before he shook his head. "There's no need. Lingshi and I believe in you, and we've decided to support you unconditionally. Lingshi is in deep grief after we lost Grandmother. There's no way she'd forgive Gu Qiwu, so you don't have to be considerate about us.

"I've already made it clear with Gu Qiwu. I'd rather stay by your side than become his pet dog!"

Ah Mo's words and his genuine tone surprised Mu Yuchen who glanced up at Ah Mo's face before looking at the thumb drive in his hand.

"Master, are you really going to do that? If..." Li Si seemed hesitant as he asked.

Before he could finish his sentence, Mu Yuchen interrupted him, "There're no ifs."

He put the thumb drive onto the table and leaned back against the chair. Then, he turned the chair around and looked out of the window. Moments later, he continued, "Qi Lei called me just now and told me that Qi Feng's already figured out the relationship between Gu Qiwu and Lingshi. He's probably plotting some trouble."

"What? He found out?"

Li Si and Ah Mo traded glances with each other, their expressions hardening.

"It's slightly later than I expected. I don't find it surprising. It was going to be exposed sooner or later anyway." Mu Yuchen did not seem to be shocked.

"What do they want? Bro, should I send people..."

Mu Yuchen raised his hand and stopped Ah Mo. "This might be more suitable for Qi Lei to handle. Your top priority is to protect Lingshi. Doris came back and went to pay her respects to Grandmother on the day she was buried. I met her. She seems much more cunning than ever. I don't want her to lay her eyes on Lingshi. Do you understand?"