Chapter 496: Exchange

Start from the beginning

Xi Xinyi gave Gu Lingsha a slight bow when she arrived before her. She then handed a document to Gu Lingsha. "This is the proposal for the initial stages of the promotional campaign. I've made amendments according to your comments. Please take a look if there are any more amendments required," Xi Xinyi said humbly.

Gu Lingsha raised her head and looked at Xi Xinyi who was looking at her intently.

Xi Xinyi was Xi Xiaye's sister from a different mother, but they shared a vengeful relationship. After something happened to Xi Xinyi, Han Yifeng took their child and went abroad. Then, Yueying almost went bankrupt too, but Qi Kai's assistance helped her to get back on her feet.

Xi Xiaye was the main cause behind it, so Xi Xinyi must really hate Xi Xiaye. After some observation, Gu Lingsha noticed that Xi Xinyi had been behaving well. Furthermore, she also had Yue Hai and the Yue family supporting her.

Gu Lingsha put on a smile after studying her for a while. She took the document from Xi Xinyi and signed her name on it after glancing through the proposal. Then, she handed it back. "I'm really happy with the way you work, Manager Xi. I'm sure you've been working hard. We're all happy with the progress of the promotional campaign. I hope you can keep this up."

Xi Xinyi took the document back and replied, "Thank you, Manager Gu. I will."

"I heard the two movies you produced did really well in the box office. That's as expected of an expert from the industry." Gu Lingsha glanced at her and smiled.

"It's all thanks to everyone's hard work. The glory isn't mine alone," Xi Xinyi replied with a grin.

"Mmm, I've heard a lot about you, Manager Xi. The fact that you're able to turn Yueying from being in a dire state to its current form impresses me. I believe that you're on par with the higher-ups in the company."

Xi Xinyi did not quite respond to what Gu Lingsha said and just silently met her gaze.

Gu Lingsha then smiled. "As a woman, I do pity you a little. As your superior, I regard you highly. In fact, Miss Xi, you were also once a dazzling star in the entertainment industry. If it weren't for...no matter what, you should be enjoying both fame and fortune, and a blissfully happy family..."

When Xi Xinyi heard these, her fingers that held onto the document suddenly tightened. She looked a little gloomy, yet it was only a split second. Moments after that, she returned to appearing calm.

Gu Lingsha took all of this in, seeming satisfied with Xi Xinyi's reaction, so she smiled and said, "As a woman, I just feel sorry and find it unfair for you, Manager Xi. Your sister, Xi Xiaye, is a very capable character, and also a..."

"I don't want to talk about the past anymore, Manager Gu. If there's nothing else, then I'd like to leave first." Xi Xinyi lowered her gaze and held the document in hand tighter as her tone became a little cold.

Gu Lingsha paused slightly, then nodded and smiled. "I'm sorry, Manager Xi. I didn't mean to bring that up. I was just feeling unfair on your behalf. I've seen all your hard work in recent times. Despite so many blows, you've become the way you are now. I feel like I see parts of me in you. I think I can more or less empathize with your situation."

"I can only blame myself for not being as skilled as others." Xi Xinyi's lips parted slightly and you could hear a hint of cynicism in her voice.

"Manager Xi, you don't have to give up. You're great too. As long as you work hard, you won't fall short of anyone else, including Xi Xiaye." Gu Lingsha pointed out what she meant while Xi Xinyi was stunned to hear that and fell silent for a while. Then, she looked up at Gu Lingsha. "Thank you Manager Gu. I'll do my best."