I felt more in my head than I had felt when I came here. How does she do that? She can never just let things be. Fuck that agreement, I cannot take this anymore. I need to forget, not someone to keep reminding me. How much is it to ask for just a bit of fun? Without thinking to much about it I grabbed my sigaret and smoked in the room. If nobody find the door, nobody will find me smoking here. The sigaret did calm my nerves, you don't see pure bloods making such great inventions. I only let myself dwell for another 10 minutes before returning back to the great hall. 
"There you are! You almost missed all the food" James exclaimed. His plate full with all kinds of sweets by this point. 
"You have missed an interesting sorting" Remus nibbled at his meet, it did not leave the impression it was actually that interesting. 
"What did I miss?"
"Apart from the newbies, you missed the whole talk about restricted sections and forrest and what not"
" So, were will we go explore tonight?" Remus couldn't hide the gleam in his eyes. Headboy or not he was always in for a bit of fun. 
"That was not the most interesting part Moony" James interupted " We got this whole speech about being careful with the current state of things and blabla"
"That literally makes zero sense"
"No padfoot, it does make sense" Peter sounded almost afraid. 
"How come?" James was the first to respond, all three of us looked interested in the story Peter would tell, genuinely interested. 
" You do know this new wizard is gaining followers right?" Remus his head, James and I just looked at each other, we had heard bits but were to occupied this summer to care. 
" Apparently he wants to change the current political standards"
"Don't all wizard try to do that, I mean I could think of a few things I want to change as well" James answered, he sounded more entiteled than he was as a person. 
"No prongs, it is dark, as in dark arts and pure blood shit" Peter almost started to whisper, he looked around him as if it was dangerous if other people heard. " Rumors are he is behind some of the weird attacks where muggles were injured as well"
"Muggles do all kinds of weird things in their world, how do they know it was him?" James did not fully believe, he was however intrigued. 
"Because the sky showed this weird mark"
"And how do you know all of this?" Remus questioned. 
"I worked for Rudolfus this summer, he is interested in this wizard, so is your family, haven't they told you?" My eyes unvoluntarily shot to were Regulus ussually sits, he was eating and laughing with his friends, didn't even blink my direction. James looked sympathetically at my direction. 
"No, I was at Prongs place almost all summer" Remus looked at me knowingly. Ofcourse he was supsicious after I asked for a place to stay with him as well. Peter just shrugged it off, it did gave me an odd feeling, as if he knew more than he would let on. 
"Eitherway, Nobody is stupid enough to actually use the dark arts right" I felt stupid the moment it had left my mouth. We all knew who would be stupid enough.
"Let's not go there right now" James quickly stated after we had shared looks.
"Remus, we should show the new kids around" Lilly appeared, she stood next to james, closer than she had to. Maybe wingmaning this year wasn't even necessary. 
"Oh right, see you guys later" 

"We can all agree that was the most interesting part of this evening right?"
"What was?" James acted stupid, Peter knew but wisely decided not to say anything. 
"So, what changed?" I rested my arm on the table, leaning on it with my head. I tried to look as interested as possible. I knew that I failed at that and just looked at him suspiciously. 
"We are just friends"
"Just friends?"
"yeah... you know"
"I don't"
"Shut up Padfoot, let me be" James pulled my arm, I made a big show of pretending to face palm the table. 
"Oh James, James I am so sorry, please forgive me" I jumped from my seat and started begging on my knees. 
James stood up as well. "On one condition my friend" He exclaimed as a old general. 
"Anything, Anything"
"You will go on a double date with me"
"Eugh nevermind" I stood up, looked around me. people were watching, giggling. "Show is over guys, it was a no deal" I screamed through the hall, making sure to bow to receive my applause. 
"I was serious" James started while we walked to our dormrooms. 
"Oh please James, don't throw me that bullshit again"
"There is nothing wrong with dating, it is probably healthier then what you are doing now"
"He has got a point"Peter joined in. 
"Seriously? Guys we are young and free, if anything it is not the right time to date at all, especially if what Peter says is right, we will be doomed soon. I have to enjoy everything will I still can. Look around, so much to see and do" I tried to make my gestures as big as possible to add to my speech. James just rolled his eyes while Peter giggled. 
"Then let's just call it a hangout"
"Just spill it prongs"
"Lilly wants to hangout this weekend" James looked happy "But she had already something planned with Marlene and I know you guys like eachother so just come with"
"And why didn't you start with that? Ofcourse I will hangout with Marlene this weekend so you can try and kiss Lilly" James looked relieved, as if I wouldn't do this for him. 
"Otherwise I would have helped Prongs" Peter jumped in, a nice gesture but James and I knew it wouldn't have worked like that. 
Peter stated the password to the portrait, the commonroom was busy. The first years were excitingly looking around and clearly some were starting to feel comfortable. One of the 1st years was already laying on the couch as if he owned it, could have been me. 
"Ahh there you are, you were quick to find a new one after your train session, was I so boring" Marlene joked.
"No need to be jealous wifey, nothing happened" She looked at me suspiciously. 
"She wanted to talk feelings with me, ugh, such a way to remove the mood" Marlene just laughed. "So, you guys official yet?"
"Hell no, it wasn't even the talk like that, it was worse"
"Worse than that? How is that even possible" she kept the playfullness in her words. 
We both stationed ourself on the couch in the corner of the room. James was with Lilly again, they were so clearly into each other. About time Lilly started to act like it as well. 
Peter had found Remus and they were looking at the chessboard, they always played chess together. What a goodboy Remus would be if it wasnt for James and I. 
"She wanted to talk about my family" 
"Oh No" Marlene dramatically send her hand to her heart. 
"The guts that girl had"I joked "But all is good, because I hear we have a date this weekend"
"Find yourself another rebound Silly"
"I didn't mean it like that, but maybe they finally will" I pointed at James at Lilly. 
Lilly who was laughing a bit to hard at James his joke, he was funny but no one is that funny. 
He was telling her some sort of story, I would dare to bet it was about one of the quidditch fails he had this summer. For someone who didn't want to play in our team, she was very into the game. We had only seen her play once, she never wanted us to watch. Probably didn't feel like the jokes we would make about it. She played with snivellus, or was more teaching him how to. They were both raised in this muggle town, Lilly for sure was quick to adapt to the schools sports and traditions. Snivellus not so much... He was absolutely draidfull. The memory cast a smile on my face. The amount of jokes I could come up with due to that one time, it was amazing. Snivellus hated us evenmore afterward, for that I couldn't blame him. Not that it made me care, he was a freak. Now that I am thinking about it, I haven't seen him yet. He hasn't tried to curse us or try to insult us yet, which is strange. He also wasn't on the train with Lilly, maybe something happened. 
"I actually can't believe they truly like eachother, last year I thought they hated each other"
"Hate and love are very close" was the only thing I answered. Marlene layed comfortably on the couch, her feet dangling over my knees. 
Marlene wasn't in her school uniform, she rarely ever was if she did not have to be. 
Maybe it was because in the muggle world you do not see these kind of clothes, but she hated the uniform. I didn't mind as much. The open blouse with low tie were a woman magnet, the cape was great for dramatic exits. Marlene prefered her jeans with t-shirt combo, a basic combo she made her own by her jewerly. She looked blend in, but somehow she had the power to always shine in a room. As if her personality just draws you to her. She did get a lot of critics from classmates, because she kept her muggleness I guess. I think it makes her unique, a different story than the most of us here. She did not care about blending in, she is headstrong and doesn't let people walk over her. The criticism clearly doesn't bother her, probably because she knows who her real friends are. Lilly and her had a lot incommen, their unbotherness about populairity probably made them so likeable as well. 
"Peter just keeps talking about this new wizard" Marlene interupted my thoughts. "Do you think he might actually be dangerous?" This new guy clearly was the talk of the town.
" I don't know..." I answered truthfully. Maybe I should look into it a bit more, especially if my family is into it. As long as they do not drag Regulus into their mess, poor guy.