𝟎𝟐𝟑. losing my religion

Start from the beginning

She let out a small smile, "I'm sorry."

"I know I shouldn't be doing this," Derek said. "Not when you just had massive cardiac surgery. But I am selfish and I'm so tired of pretending that I don't know that you and I are meant to be together. So Emily, I am begging you, let me love you. Let me care for you. Let me be happy, because I don't know how to be happy without you. I don't want to know how to live without you. And I am so fucking sorry it took you being shot for me to be brave enough to admit this. But I love you. I have loved you since the moment you kissed me."

Emily started crying.

"Hey," Derek said wiping her tears with her thumb. "Are those happy tears?"

"Yes," Emily nodded.

He kissed her, and everything seemed right. As if ever since they broke up all the pieces had been scrambled, and now, they fell into place.

Derek climbed into bed, being as careful as he could to not hurt her. When he hugged her, Emily said, "For the record, you kissed me first."

Derek laughed and he kissed her forehead, "Sleep. I'm not going anywhere ever again."

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

"THEY DID WHAT?!" Joanna yelled as the Chief and Bailey broke the news to her in the morning. after both she and Christopher had burst into Emily's room after she had woken up. Emily was impossibly happy for a girl who had just been shot.

It was now 8 a.m. and Joanna had barely gotten out of the resident's locker room before hearing the most freakish, most unbelievable news she had ever heard.

"I would tell you to keep quiet, but that's actually a pretty appropriate reaction," Bailey muttered.

"The point is, Simmons, Dunn, and all of Bailey's interns are banned from the OR until one of them confesses," Webber explained.

"But everyone already knows who did it," Joanna tried to protect her interns, even though she would throttle them the second she saw the two idiots.

"I can't do anything until I have a confession," the Chief said. "They are all banned from the surgical floor. No one scrubs in, no one watches from the gallery, no one so much as goes near that floor."

"God," Joanna muttered, shaking her head in disbelief.

The Chief walked away, and Bailey gave her a mischievous look. "Want to help me make their life miserable?"

"Hell yeah."

They walked toward two teenage girls, which Joanna had never seen in her life. But as she opened her mouth to ask, Bailey shushed her. And so, she shut up and followed the woman to a conference room where the interns waited.

Upon seeing Joanna, Nicholas, and Aaron opened their mouths to speak, but with a single deadly glare, they shut it just as quickly.

"This is Claire and Natalie. Camille Travis' friends," Bailey announced. She turned to the teenagers and asked," Girls, who exactly is Camille Travis?"

"The Chief of Surgery's niece," one of the girls said.

"And what does the Chief of Surgery's niece want, exactly?" Bailey asked.

"A prom," Claire said. "No. The best prom ever."

"Simmons, Dunn, outside, now," Joanna barked.

The two boys stood up with their heads hanging low. They followed her to an empty patient room, and as soon as the door closed she hit them both in the back of the head on her best Severus Snape impersonation.