16 | most wanted boy

Start from the beginning

Well, I didn't actually, obviously. It's all fake. But, I swear if I wanted it to be real, I could make that shit happen.

"I don't doubt that princess."

I stop in my tracks and look at Riddle in utter confusion. "Did you say something?"

"What?" He asks, but I swear I notice the tiniest grin on his face.

"Nothing." I sigh and we continue walking to turn the corner and enter the Great Hall.

As we head towards the Slytherin tables, Mattheo's arm still around me, the first thing I notice is Malfoy and Pansy sat together, their beady eyes locked on us as me and Riddle take a seat.

"She attacks me again, I'm not backing down." I scoff.

"I'm sure you won't." Mattheo raises his brows. He's sat across from me, and for some reason I begin to grow nervous.

"Hey Camila." I hear a voice and look up to find Astoria making her way over to us. Mattheo doesn't bother to pay attention and instead continues to eat his jam toast and drink his tea.

"Oh, hey Astoria." I smile back at her, wondering why on earth she's being so pleasant... and why she'd even bother to speak to me when her best friend attacked me the day before. "What's up?"

I watch as she takes a deep breath nervously and then sits beside Mattheo, so she can sit opposite me and speak, but Riddle gives her the side eye and I notice him budge away from her a little. I try my best not to laugh, seen as though Astoria seems as if she has something important to say.

"I just wanted to ask if you're okay." She says in a low voice, and then looks around, taking a glance towards Malfoy and Pansy.

"I'm good, recovered quickly from your bestie's, uhm, moment."

"Right yeah about that... I really don't agree with what she did there. I heard everything that happened." She tells me, and I look at her unsurely. "All I'm saying is that, I know what it's like to have a father that you don't exactly look up to."

Mattheo's head lifts up and he takes a glance to Astoria. There's a moment of silence.

"Thank you Astoria for your concern. I know we didn't really get along at first but it's nice of you to check up on me." I smile. "You're the only one who has so far."

"Uh?" Mattheo says and I roll my eyes.

"Second."

"Haha." She laughs. "You two look so good together. The it couple. I love it." She smiles before standing up and giving me a little wave.

"I'll see you later Astoria."

"You are so gullible." Mattheo says out of no where, looking at me with much judgement.

"What do you mean? She was being nice." I shrug.

"It's a bit random though, don't you think? Big switch up in personality." He mentions and I glance over at her and think about it.

"I don't think so. Pansy was the problem. Astoria is probably just a nice girl who's come to her senses." I suggest.

"Or she's realised the clout you've gotten after everyone's found out that you're with me, and now wants to be your friend." He explains. "Most people in Slytherin didn't agree with Pansy's outburst either, because their parents or relatives were also on the..."

"Don't worry, I know what you're trying to say." I say to him and he takes a deep breath.

"You've basically like Miss Popular now." Mattheo smirks. "All because of me and my handsomeness."

"Make that Mrs Popular." I roll my eyes, and he breaks eye contact with me when he looks away with a grin on his face.

"You're smooth with it Dobrev." He laughs a little, and turns his head to look back at me.

"Make you fold each time." I shrug. "But like... handsomeness?"

"Yes, my handsomeness."

"Let be for real." I look at him seriously.

"Camila it's okay to admit you think I'm sexy as fuck."

"Well I know you think that way about me." I say, and take a sip of my orange juice as I look elsewhere.

"Hmm, you are rather exquisite looking." He says, stroking his chin as he examines me with a serious expression.

"Oi, Riddle!"