"Good plan. Then, are we ready to go?" Baoshan Sanren marches to her office door and rips away the silencing talisman.

************

"Congratulations again," Baoshan Sanren tells Wei Ying and Lan Zhan in the elevator, on their way up to the car park.

Wei Ying beams at her, holding up his hand so she can see the engagement ring.

"It's nice," she says, but it's too late; Wei Ying has already seen her expression before she hid it.

He throws back his head, laughing in delight.

"It's okay if you don't like it, grandma. It's something special, just for both of us." He smiles up at Lan Zhan, who maintains eye contact with him when he says, "Wei Ying ate the original."

"Damn! You are never gonna let that go, are you?" Wei Ying shakes his head in mock outrage, but his beautiful eyes are shining with amusement.

Lan Zhan simply smirks.

Baoshan Sanren looks at both of them, her insides warm with feeling. They're so much in love, so much into each other that she may as well not be there. It makes her happy that, while she wasn't able to be with her daughter and her son in law as much as she would have liked, at least she gets to have this.

Too soon, they emerge from that small enclosed space to the car park where three black SUVs are idling, ready to leave with their own drivers. Upon seeing them, Xiao XingChen opens a door and lets Huaisang in, climbing in after him.

"Looks like Uncle Chen is babysitting tonight." Wei Ying murmurs, climbing into the middle one with Lan Zhan and Baoshan Sanren. "Who's in the third vehicle?" He asks as they set off.

"A-Qing and a few others. I didn't want to take too many people, but Wen Qing should know that we are not alone." Baoshan Sanren glances at him before turning her attention to the window. "We're just taking precautions with Nie Huaisang. Wouldn't want him to get lost wandering around, would we?"

His grandmother seems to have thought of everything.

Wei Ying banks down on the nerves that he's been holding at bay. He wants to remember the good parts of Wen Qing, making a mental list in his head for reference, so that whenever he and Wen Qing talk, he can try to be sincere about it. But it's a sad feeling when he thinks that he's trusted Wen Qing to not hurt A-Yuan or JingYi.

Yet.

Three letters that make him feel cold all over.

He's distracted by Lan Zhan’s hand on his knee, which was unconsciously bouncing all this time.

"Is Wei Ying alright?"

Wei Ying is about to lie and say yes, but he changes his mind at the last second. "No. I hate Wen Laboratories, and I don't want to go back," he replies, honestly.

Lan Zhan looks dismayed at that, ready to demand that they turn around, but Wei Ying stops him with a hand covering the one on his knee.

"It's okay, my love." He musters as much courage as he can spare to say his next words. "I'm going to be fine. I need to get my big boy pants on and face whatever we have to. But I sincerely hope this is the last time we have to go there."

Lan Zhan stares into his lovely silver eyes, seeing the determination rise in their beauty.

"There is one notable difference," he replies, leaning closer to Wei Ying.

"What?" Wei Ying doesn't know what it is about the sound of Lan Zhan’s voice, but whatever it is, it's making him tremble all over.

"This time from the start, we're together." And with that, Lan Zhan places the warmest kiss on his forehead.