Chapter 99: Reborn

Start from the beginning

"Here." Gu Hui Yan put down the water, carefully picked up the baby from the wooden bed, and handed it to Lin Wei Xi. "She is a little Junzhu, really look like you."

Lin Wei Xi finally saw the baby she carried in her womb for ten months. She hugged her daughter in her arms, looked carefully and looked again, for some reason she felt like crying: "She is really small."

"Hmm." Gu Hui Yan stretched out his hand and pressed warm fingers to her eyes, "Don't cry, crying during confinement is not good for your eyes."

Lin Wei Xi blinked and withdrew her tears. The slender eyelashes ran across Gu Hui Yan's fingertips, felt soft and itchy, almost could tickle people's heart.

Gu Hui Yan put down his hands, continued to focus and carefully gazed at Lin Wei Xi. However, Lin Wei Xi didn't have time to pay attention to this now. She held her daughter and kept watching. After a while, the corners of her mouth curled slightly: "Where is it look like me, in your eyes do I look like this?"

Gu Hui Yan glanced at her amusedly. He turned his head and coughed, still couldn't help but smile: "Naughty, how can you talk about your daughter like that."

Lin Wei Xi suddenly became a little jealous. She was just this old but already guarding me from scolding her. However, even though Lin Wei Xi said so, in her heart she regarded this little girl as a treasure. She took a small breath, looked carefully for a while, and said, "Cannot see with her eyes closed, but nose and chin looks like me. She still so small but her chin is pointed. It can be seen that in the future she surely be a beauty like me."

Gu Hui Yan smiled and looked at her: "Yes, thank you Wangfei."

Lin Wei Xi finally held the child to her heart content, and then she reluctantly handed her to Wan Yue, and let the wet nurse to hold her to breastfeed. Gu Hui Yan sighed softly in his heart. It was rare, he sat here and talked to her for a quarter of an hour, but it's the first time her eyes looked at him.

However, even if Lin Wei Xi and Gu Hui Yan were leaning face-to-face, her gaze frequently slipped to the door, only perfunctory conversed with him. After a long time, Lin Wei Xi remembered that Gu Hui Yan had official duties, and she still didn't know what happened with the disaster situation in Guanzhong.

"Wangye, why did you come back so soon?"

Just remember to ask now, Gu Hui Yan's face was calm, really unable to see that his heart already sullen for a long time: "Qin Shan's matter more or less has been handled, and the rest is not difficult, so I just return in advance."

Lin Wei Xi let it passed, and asked, "You came back half a month earlier than the letter said. Will it be hard to explain it to the emperor and First Assistant?"

Gu Hui Yan didn't care about this, and said indifferently: "Why would it be hard to explain, it was originally the troubles they caused. I personally went to clean up their mess, what else do they want?"

Lin Wei Xi did not answer, she looked at Gu Hui Yan carefully for a long time, and then suddenly laughed, "What's wrong with you today, why are you so angry?"

Gu Hui Yan smiled gently at her, and helped Lin Wei Xi lie down: "It's nothing." He nearly sighed and said, "Don't worry, you should rest and recuperate. This time let you suffer a hardship. I am wrong. Leaving you alone and left."

Lin Wei Xi was put back on the bed and muttered in a low voice: "I don't want to sleep anymore."

"You didn't eat well before, but now still want to lose temper?" After Gu Hui Yan finished speaking, his tone became soft again, "Be obedient, confinement is the most tiring, so sleep a little longer."