Chapter 74: The Past

Start from the beginning

If it's the words from primary wife to her di daughter then it wouldn't be weird, but coming from Han shi who was also a concubine, this was really strange. Han shi mentioned Gao Xi to make Gao Ran feel relieved. Gao Xi and Shizi end up like that, Gao Ran was already much better than Gao Xi. As long as you compare with Gao Xi, Gao Ran should feel relieved.

However, unexpectedly, when Gao Ran heard Gao Xi's name, her face became gloomier. Han shi was astonished: "What's the matter, did Shizi mentioned the eldest miss to you?"

"No." Gao Ran denied it quickly, it unknown who she was trying to convinced. Han shi was very confident in her daughter's methods. Seeing Gao Ran denied it, she really thought that Gu Cheng Yao was still deeply infatuated with Gao Ran. He would rather divorce Gao Xi, would rather risk angering Yan Wang, all in order to marry her daughter. As for the small conflict now, of course, it was only the quarrel between husband and wife, as long as the teeth were still knocked on the lips, which couple would not make a few cold faces.

Han shi relaxed, she thought of the grand occasion when Gu Cheng Yao asked to marry Gao Ran, her eyes could not help but carry something meaningful: "Ran'er, don't forget how Shizi asked to marry you. You have a life-saving grace to him, and also it's very difficult to cultivate a positive result. You treat him like a cinnabar mole in the heart, the white moonlight in front of the window. He satisfy himself with other women, that's it. What really matter is that you are the most important. My child is beautiful, more beautiful than her mother, and taller than her mother. If you go back, be soft, cry and be aggrieved, and then between the sheets be a little submissive, son-in-law will definitely be reluctant to ignore you."

If its native well-bred ladies, they would definitely get angry when they heard these words. What did Han shi think of them? Only the prostitutes, actress and singer would work hard on the bed, and they were inferior compare to a concubine. But Gao Ran was not a pure ancient woman, she did not reject these, but she felt very sad when she heard it.

Especially when Gao Ran heard Han shi praised her beautiful appearance, Lin Wei Xi's face immediately appeared before her eyes. No matter how beautiful the noble young lady, how could it match the face favored by Heaven, even Yan Wang was reluctant to say harsh words to that face. Gu Cheng Yao and Lin Wei Xi were called mother and son, but they were about the same age, and Gu Cheng Yao was very protective of Lin Wei Xi. In contrast, she this wife was thankless.

Han shi saw Gao Ran's expression was lifeless, there was no exuberance and confidence from a year ago. Han shi felt distressed and whispered: "Don't worry, everything has to be lost to know how to cherish. You have been living in your maiden house these few days, and son-in-law didn't have you at his side, definitely already not used to it. You give him the way out, he will understand to come and pick you up."

Gao Ran smiled bitterly and replied in her heart, No.

If Yun Hui's affairs were not discovered, Gao Ran would still be confident. But somehow the Yin Yang pot got into Gu Cheng Yao's hands, Gao Ran had always portrayed herself as true, benevolent and good, but now that persona collapsed, it unknown how disappointed Gu Cheng Yao was. And what Yun Hui yelling out before leaving about the pair of fishes jade pendants made Gao Ran panic.

Gao Ran convinced herself that Gu Cheng Yao was very disgusted with Gao Xi, he would not believe such words. But, what if? What if Gu Cheng Yao really believed it, and from this he realized that she was not what she seemed, no longer trusted her, what should she do?

When Gao Ran thought of this, she couldn't wait to break Yun Hui's body into pieces.

Gao Ran couldn't help but wanted to ask Han shi: "Yiniang, that year when you were pregnant with Gao Chen you almost had a miscarriage in the ancestral hall. Later, father had a big fight with Wei shi for you, but no one thought that Wei shi would become ill. After Wei shi's death, did father get angry at you for this? Is he still treat you the same like before?"