Chapter 68: Taking a Concubine

Start from the beginning

Gu Cheng Yao in the end said this sentence: "Alright. But after all, this matter will require Shizi Consort's approval, you go to Shizi Consort."

Yun Hui was overjoyed, kowtowed three times to Gu Cheng Yao, and got up in surprise: "Shizi, this slave will leave first."

"Alright."

Gao Ran was sitting in the room slowly drinking ginger tea. She had Kuishui (menstruation) these few days, so she took a leave of absence from Lin Wei Xi, so she didn't have to go to pay respect in the morning. However, didn't know what happened today, she felt that the ginger tea was astringent and bitter. After Gao Ran took two sips, the originally sour mood became more irritable. She was about to call the people in the small kitchen to come and punish them. Suddenly Tao Mama came from outside, her face gloomy.

When Gao Ran saw this, she became curious and didn't bother to question the small kitchen anymore. She threw the spoon back into the cup and asked, "Tao Mama, what's wrong?"

Tao Mama's expression was subtle, but when looked closely she was still gnashing her teeth: "Shizi Consort, Yun Hui that little wench just came back, she act provocative and crazy, saying that she is going to be a concubine."

Gao Ran was obviously stunned: "Concubine? Where did she dare to say such words, don't you think her life is too long?" There was only one young master in the mansion, and this concubine could only be Gu Cheng Yao's concubine, is Yun Hui mad?

Tao Mama slapped her hand and leaned closer to Gao Ran to elaborate. As Gao Ran listened, her eyes gradually widened, and the expression on her face became unbelievable.

"It turned out to be... Shizi's words?"

"Exactly, otherwise how could let this slut be rampant." Tao Mama wrung her own hands. "Last time this unrestrained wench deliberately dressed like that to seduce Shizi, but Shizi didn't accept her. Obviously, Shizi didn't like her. But this time didn't know what tricks she used, she actually deceived Shizi to agree. This must be because Yun Hui is cheap, perhaps also deliberately exposed her flesh, how can this kind of sluts compared to Shizi Consort? Even if she becomes a concubine, she is not as good Shizi Consort's finger."

Gao Ran couldn't say what she was thinking. In her previous life, she had seen many pampered son of wealthy family. It would be a strange sight if they had the red flag at home but not falling for the colored flag fluttering outside. She was even one of those colored flag. So Gao Ran had always felt that as long as she was the most important in a man's heart, then if he occasionally went out to steal a meat, ​​that was nothing.

But it wasn't until this moment that Gao Ran realize how much impact such behavior would have on the main wife. Gao Ran stayed in her seat for a while, then slowly came to her senses: "Where is she now?"

It was clear that this 'she' was referred to Yun Hui. Tao Mama also sighed and said: "Shizi should have sent her back to kowtow to Shizi Consort, but this slut relies on her seniority and has now gone to Wangfei's courtyard with Bu Mama to give thanks."

Even if the husband agreed, taking a concubine also must have the primary wife's approval. If to save face the primary wife was not allowed it, then even if the man spoiled this woman, she could only be a tongfang. Yun Hui brashly went to Lin Wei Xi's place to give thanks without going through Gao Ran this one big mountain. It was too rampant.

Gao Ran passed the initial shock, and now slowly came around. It was commonplace in modern times, not to mention the ancient times when the concubine was legal. What she had to do was not to quarrel with her husband about this matter, but to always win over Gu Cheng Yao's heart. Even if there were other women in the inner courtyard, Gao Ran had to become the most important, the most beloved in his heart.