Chapter 38: Preferences

Start from the beginning

Yan Wang personally came to support her, of course Lin Wei Xi could not refuse. After Gu Hui Yan took her shoulders and almost took her whole body in his arms, Lin Wei Xi was even more difficult to break free. Lin Wei Xi sat awkwardly at the dinner table, using extra force when picking up the dishes. Don't think that she would easily forget. What was this pleasant to hear? She was the Wangfei, when reprimanded the servants, everyone who watched should feel intimidated. Yan Wang actually dared to say that she when admonish people it was pleasant to hear?

Indeed would rather be killed than humiliated, it's totally unbearable.

Gu Hui Yan watched Lin Wei Xi vented her anger by forcefully picking up the vegetables, his eyes were full of smiles. Today he said that he did not need personal hobby, but now it seems that he needs to change that, looked like he had added a new hobby.

The rule of the mansion was for each room to arrange their own meal at noon every day, but to have dinner together at night. There used to be three people in the mansion. Gu Hui Yan often stayed in the court at noon and did not return to the mansion. Even at night, he might not be able to catch up with the meal. So most of the time, it was only Gu Cheng Yao and Gao Ran this couple who dine together. Now that Gao Ran's hand was injured, could not ask this Shizi Consort to serve the meal, so the dinner was omitted. Gu Cheng Yao and his wife were eating in their courtyard by themselves. If it was in the past, Gu Hui Yan would probably have to eat alone, but now there was Lin Wei Xi. With just one more person to accompany the meal, it actually became much warmer.

No wonder previously his subordinates and colleagues always persuading him to marry a new Wangfei. Gu Hui Yan always felt that it was unnecessary. There would not be many changes in his life by adding another Wangfei. So why bother? But now Gu Hui Yan realized that to have someone who cared and accompanied him, it actually felt like this.

Although Lin Wei Xi was still grumbling in her heart, the observation habit she had cultivated over the years did not stop. She found that Gu Hui Yan was not picky, but he didn't touch the fish in the middle of the table at all. Lin Wei Xi was surprised in her heart, whether it was Bu mama or Gu Cheng Yao, they both said that Yan Wang loved fish and shrimps and other freshwater fish. But, from what she observed, that was not the case right?

Bu mama was Shen Wangfei's dowry servant. She had been with Shen Wangfei for many years. Shen Wangfei as Yan Wang's first wife, unlikely to not remember what Yan Wang liked to eat, right? Not to mention Gu Cheng Yao, if as the only son even mistaken what his father loved to eat, then he was really thoughtless.

Lin Wei Xi watched quietly for a while, and asked Wan Yue to scoop her a bowl of fish soup, and asked, "Wangye, do you want to drink fish soup?"

Gu Hui Yan just glanced faintly and said, "No. You can drink it yourself if you want."

Lin Wei Xi really took a sip and said, "It's a bit fishy. Wangye, I don't like to eat this kind of fish. Why don't we just take it away?"

"Very well." Gu Hui Yan's expression didn't fluctuate at all, obviously he didn't care at all.

Very well, Lin Wei Xi was sure, Gu Hui Yan really didn't like fish. That's very strange. Bu mama might deliberately said the opposite of what Yan Wang liked to misled Lin Wei Xi, but in her previous life as Shizi Consort, Gu Cheng Yao didn't have to lie to her, right? Lin Wei Xi took a bite of the vegetables. What's wrong with this family? The son and the servants of the house reversed the preferences of Yan Wang, but Gu Hui Yan the person himself didn't say anything, and let this mistake continue. Obviously this kind of thing could be discovered with a little intelligence.

Lin Wei Xi tilted her head and thought for a while, but still couldn't figure out where Gu Cheng Yao's misunderstanding came from.

After the meal, Lin Wei Xi took a short rest and then took a bath. After she came out, she brushed her hair, took care of her skin, basically went through all the troubles. After she finished, it was already late. Lin Wei Xi was a little embarrassed. Fortunately, she was the mother-in-law, tomorrow she didn't need to wake up early to pay respects. If she was the daughter-law, with this kind of attitude she would be late paying respect to her husband's parents every day.