Chapter 31: Wedding Candles

Start from the beginning

Lin Wei Xi was taken aback for a moment, then turned to look at Wan Xing and Wan Yue: "When did you order for sobering soup?"

Wan Yue was also stunned: "This slave hasn't gone to the kitchen to request it."

The kitchen granny was also surprised: "Didn't Wangfei tell Commander Gu to let the kitchen heat up the soup?"

Gu Mingda? Everyone in the room was at a loss, but Lin Wei Xi had a flash of inspiration at once understood. She coughed awkwardly, and said quickly: "I asked someone to order it, put it down. You have worked hard today. Wan Xing."

Wan Xing understood, and went ahead to give her a reward. Today, who were serving in Wangfei's bridal room were rewarded money. The granny originally thought that she would not be happy in the kitchen, but who knew she would get her fortune out of thin air. The granny secretly squeezed her purse, and smiled more and more joyously: "Thanking Wangfei! This servant wish Wangfei and Wangye grow old together and give birth to a noble son. This servant's mouth is clumsy and can only say these things. Please Wangfei don't dislike."

Lin Wei Xi smiled, and Wan Xing jokingly sent the granny out. After people left, Wan Yue asked strangely: "Miss, when did you ask the kitchen to prepare the soup, or did you let Commander Gu say it?"

Lin Wei Xi also didn't expect that Gu Hui Yan who usually aloof would even notice this kind of detail. She got choked while drinking the nuptial wine. Gu Hui Yan thought that Lin Wei Xi was not used to drinking wine, so Gu Mingda went to the kitchen to prepare hot soup. Lin Wei Xi smiled awkwardly, and quickly changed the subject: "It's late, I'm not sure when Yan Wang will be back. Go inside and check the hot water. I'm going to take a bath."

As expected, Wan Yue obediently went to the bathing room to let the water out. Lin Wei Xi quietly breathed a sigh of relief. Taking advantage of this gap, she also heard from her dowry maid the reason for Gu Hui Yan's early departure. It turned out there was a reward from the palace. The emperor felt regret that he could not attend the wedding of Uncle Yan Wang in person, so he sent Grand Protector Feng to attend the feast to send a generous gift on his behalf. The emperor specially gave Yan Wang a wedding gift, and when Empress Dowager heard about it, she also prepared a gift for Grand Protector Feng to bring it together.

Gu Hui Yan went out just now to meet Grand Protector Feng. Not only that, First Assistant Zhang was also in the mansion today, and the three auxiliary ministers appointed by the previous emperor personally gathered together today.

At the end of his life, Emperor Mu Zong was alone, he appointed Yan Wang Gu Hui Yan, First Assistant Zhang Xiao Lian and Superintendent Eunuch Feng Cheng together as auxiliary ministers of the country to assist the young emperor. Gu Hui Yan was the imperial clan Qinwang, who hold the military power, and no one in the army was out of his grasp. Zhang Xiao Lian was the First Assistant of the cabinet and the main pillar of the court. Feng Cheng was the eunuch and the chief of the factory guard.

The member of imperial clan, the civil official, and the palace eunuch, the three forces checked and balanced each other. It could be seen that although Emperor Mu Zong was muddle-headed with Bu Guifei's matter, he was very clear when it came to his own country. When Lin Wei Xi heard this she felt it was very magical, First Assistant Zhang, His Highness Yan Wang, and Superintendent Eunuch Feng, which one of these three people was not above tens of thousands people. They had only existed in national events and legends. But now, these three mythological figures were actually stepping on the same land as her, and one of them was even her husband.

Lin Wei Xi thought for a while, shook her head and no longer want to remember. This level of meeting was too far away from her, she could not understand, and it's not her turn to care. She shouldn't worry about it.