Chapter 17: Dowry

Start from the beginning

Lin Wei Xi was growing, but Gao Ran was stagnated. Gao Ran immersed in the false prosperity brought by the age benefit, while ignoring the truth from ancient times, like rowing a boat upstream, if you stop moving forward you will fall back. But Gao Xi since she was a child had worked harder than her peers because of her powerful shu younger sister.

In her previous life, Lin Wei Xi had learned gomoku and checkers in private, and after listened to it once she could also remember Gao Ran's novel song, but Gao Ran did not lay a solid foundation for her four arts.

For Lin Wei Xi, who had a solid foundation in chess, gomoku was not difficult. She understood after practicing two games in private. But for Gao Ran, once deprived of the advanced stuff that modern times brought to her, she had nothing else.

To catch somebody off guard was a powerful method to win, but a general who could only rely on surprise attack, sooner or later he would die from his laziness and arrogance. Gao Ran put too much on superstitious skills, and neglects true strength. Like today's scene, even if Gao Ran tried her best, she couldn't beat Lin Wei Xi, who had already mastered gomoku.

Before Lin Wei Xi playing, she didn't expect that she would win three rounds in a row, completely crushing her opponent. It was also when she was holding the white jade chess piece that Lin Wei Xi suddenly realized that the insurmountable peak that had brought her endless pressure at the age of ten had collapsed. Gao Ran could no longer be Lin Wei Xi's opponent, except in men and women's affair.

Gu Cheng Yao was simply the fatal wound in Lin Wei Xi's heart. She loved, hated, resented and even abandoned herself before she was reborn, but Gu Cheng Yao just didn't love her, what could she do? Following the journey to the capital, Lin Wei Xi for the first time in her life got along with outside male for a long period of time. With Zhou Mao Cheng and other reticent soldier silently took care of her, Lin Wei Xi felt that perhaps she might not be so bad, maybe it was Gu Cheng Yao who was blind.

When Lin Wei Xi looked at Gu Cheng Yao now, the strong love and hatred when she reborn were gone. Now she just wants to see him not living well. If possible, Lin Wei Xi would like to run a few step on him herself.

Today, Lin Wei Xi looked at the familiar yet unfamiliar Yan Wang Mansion, and Jingdan Garden which almost exactly the same as her previous marriage courtyard, and realized that she finally reconciled with her past. Lin Wei Xi and Gao Xi had truly merged into one person.

Wan Xing and Wan Yue had been chatting for a long time, and found that Lin Wei Xi hadn't spoken for a while. The two of them asked strangely: "Miss, what's the matter with you?"

"Nothing." Lin Wei Xi stood up and walked to the window, pushed open the delicately carved red painted window frame, looked at the vibrant spring outside the house, her lips lightly rise forming a smile, "I'm just thinking, maybe it's time to find Grand Princess and propose to move in with her."

Even though there was still unwillingness in her heart, but in the end people still need to move forward. Yan Wang Mansion was her past, her ex-husband Gu Cheng Yao and shu younger sister Gao Ran, their love stories would make them tossed each other, Lin Wei Xi should start her new life.

Wan Xing was shocked when she heard this: "Miss Lin, do you want to move? Did someone bully you? Miss, if you feel aggrieved, let's go to Yan Wang. How can you move out?"

"No." Lin Wei Xi said, "I have no relations with Yan Wang Mansion, and if we always live here eventually will cast a bad name. Yan Wang is polite and righteous, considerately letting us treat the mansion as our own place, but we can't really take it for granted."

Wan Xing still wanted to say something, but was held back by Wan Yue. She said: "Miss, this worried slave understands. It's just that... Miss only met Grand Princess not too long ago, to propose to live in the princess mansion. Isn't it a bit too presumptuous?"