Chapter 14: Grudge

Depuis le début

Wan Yue covered her mouth in surprise: "Her sister?"

"Yes."

Wan Yue showed an expression of surprise: "Shizi looks very young, unexpectedly already married a second wife."

"Wangye looks only in his twenties. If you don't know in advance, who would have guessed that Wangye's son is already seventeen."

"Yes. Shizi is only seventeen, he married early."

"It's not him getting married early, it's the former Shizi Consort that died too fast." Lin Wei Xi took in the conversations, even put on a smile, "At the first month of the year got married, at the end of the year the wife died, in February after the new years the younger sister entered the door, it was all as not to delay Shizi's time."

Wan Xing and Wan Yue didn't expect Lin Wei Xi would suddenly participate in the conversation. The two of them didn't think too much, but sighed: "The previous Shizi Consort was too pitiful."

Pitiful? Lin Wei Xi smiled and said, "Perhaps. But Yan Wang is right. The world only looks at the results and no one will ask the reason. She has lived her life like this, I am afraid she only has herself to blame. Shizi and the new Shizi Consort have an affinity with each other, their feelings deep and righteous, it's good to vacate the position early."

Wan Yue and Wan Xing looked at each other, not knowing why Miss Lin suddenly had such a pessimistic emotion. Wan Xing was lively person, only in one day's work she already inquired a lot of news from the mansion: "In fact, it's not necessarily the fault of previous Shizi Consort. This slave today heard people say that the previous Shizi Consort was extremely strict with the mansion at that time. Each have separate regulations, not allow to gossip, no laziness, and no petty theft in the kitchen. Yan Wangfei has passed away for many years, and Yan Wang has been fighting outside all year round. It is inevitable that many rules in the mansion were slack. When the former Shizi Consort has just arrived she made the drastic rectifications with good intentions, but unfortunately it was offended many people."

Wan Yue and Wan Xing were outsiders, so they could objectively evaluate the situation of Yan Wang Mansion. However, for the old servants who had deep roots in Yan Wang Mansion, what Gao Xi did was like to disturb their territory. So in the eyes of these people, Gao Xi was of course no good at all, waiting for Gao Xi to deal with the accumulated bad habits. When it was over, she herself was tired and fell down. After Gao Ran entered the door, the foundation had already been laid, and once she took over naturally it was very easy. What Gao Ran used was superficial skills, she had the benefit, and the rules became a little lax. Compared with Gao Xi's strictness, Gao Ran immediately became a gentle and kind new hostess. The whole mansion also said that she was good.

This led to the current situation. Wan Xing and Wan Yue as newly arrived servant girls could say "the previous Shizi Consort was good at heart", but Gu Cheng Yao, who was wrapped by the old servants and slaves, couldn't see it.

Lin Wei Xi didn't expect to hear such words from these two girls. She laughed mockingly, it was really rare for someone to see her kindness. Lin Wei Xi didn't want to talk about these bad things anymore. Now she saw that Gu Cheng Yao and Gao Ran's love was really crooked, and Gao Ran's dowry maid was preaching everywhere with a proud face. God knows previously these servants had not even dare to lift their heads in front of Lin Wei Xi, but now they could even raise their tails.

Lin Wei Xi stood up and said faintly: "This is their family affair after all. It is not good to talk about personal matters behind their back, later don't talk about it anymore."

Wan Yue and Wan Xing looked at each other, and both noticed the contradiction in Lin Wei Xi's body. Miss Lin obviously relied on Yan Wang very much, but uncharacteristically indifferent when mentioning Yan Wang's family. Was it not to love the house and its crow, why Miss Lin had such a contradictory attitude? Wan Yue and Wan Xing didn't know, and didn't dare to mention it anymore. Instead, they carefully served Lin Wei Xi and changed her clothes: "Miss, today Yan Wang is angry with Shizi because of Grand Princess Shou Kang, and said he will take Shizi to visit Grand Princess in a few days to apologize. Do you think this is true?"