Chapter 9: Return

Start from the beginning

"Actually, find a simple and quiet town where I can live peacefully..."

"There are no real simplicity in front of interests. You are a very wealthy young woman. If you live outside alone, it's not safe anywhere. But as long as you come to the capital, whether you want to marry or live alone in the future, only in Yan Wang Mansion no one will bother you."

"I..." Lin Wei Xi opened her mouth and found that Gu Hui Yan had said everything, and she could no longer find any reason to object. She said that she didn't want to be sent under the fence , so Gu Hui Yan would find a courtyard for her alone. She was worried that she would be in conflict with the new mistress, so Gu Hui Yan would let her made her own private account, so that no one could control her. Lin Wei Xi held back for a long time, only to say: "This is too much trouble for you..."

"No trouble."

Lin Wei Xi was completely speechless. She looked at Yan Wang who was so calm and suddenly felt a strange feeling.

Why did she feel that Yan Wang had deliberately led her to say her unwillingness, and then blocked her way one by one? Yan Wang looked easy-going, but there was no room to maneuver once he made decision. In fact, he was actually a very high-handed person.

Gu Hui Yan noticed Lin Wei Xi's hidden gaze, he smiled indifferently, rather asked: "What's the matter? You don't want to leave your hometown, so you don't want to go?"

In fact, Lin Wei Xi really wanted to use this excuse. Unfortunately, a few days ago, in order to rely on Yan Wang, she cut off herself this 'hometown' reasoning, the most powerful escape route. Lin Wei Xi felt weak from the bottom of her heart. She sighed, her whole person drooped down: "Very well, just as Yan Wang said."

Lin Wei Xi couldn't tell what kind of feelings she felt for the capital. She grew up there, all her relatives lived in that magnificent city, and all her nightmares had happened there. If possible, Lin Wei Xi didn't want to return to the capital, saying that it was alright for her to escape, and to believe in one's own lie. It was not easy for her to live a lifetime again. She didn't want to see Gu Cheng Yao and Gao Ran again. As long as she didn't see them, Lin Wei Xi could continue to deceive herself. You are not a failure. You can also find a small town to live a stable and prosperous life. You just can't see your relatives, friends, and husband. It's not that they abandon you, throw you out like a worn out shoe.

But when the five words "return to Yan Wang Mansion" came out of Gu Hui Yan's mouth, after Lin Wei Xi's strong rejection at the beginning, and there was no more room to change the situation, her heart suddenly calmed down. In fact, she was not reconciled.

Not talking about others, but only about Grand Princess Shou Kang, Lin Wei Xi wanted to go back to see her grandmother again. She was the only child of her mother. Mother Wei was also the only daughter of Princess Shou Kang. Wei shi passed away early. Now Lin Wei Xi was the only bloodline of Princess Shou Kang, and the relationship between her grandmother and her husband was not very good. Lin Wei Xi was heartbroken when she thought that there was not even a junior to serve her grandmother. Even only for her grandmother, she had to go back.

Lin Wei Xi's mood gradually calmed down. Gu Hui Yan saw that Lin Wei Xi had figured it out. He glanced at her with satisfaction, then continued to read the letter, and casually said: "Lin Yong's canonization imperial decree, Jin Shu Iron Deed, as well as the land deeds assigned by the court are all with me. If you have nothing to do in these two days, you can check the ritual objects in the gift list book. Will you read the gift list?"

"I will." Lin Wei Xi had arranged banquets and prepared New Year's gifts with Princess Shou Kang since she was young. Last year she prepared Yan Wang Mansion's tribute to the palace by herself. If she had known what will happened today, why bother took care of the family business in the first place, just let Yan Wang Mansion's business all go to a deficit.